1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Turning the lights off on Cdn Gen 5

Discussion in 'Gen 5 Prius Main Forum' started by Nicad, Dec 6, 2023.

1. Nicad

Nicad New Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited AWD-e
    When sitting in my Canadian spec Ltd with the heater or AC on , is there a way to run it without having the lights on?

2. Nicad

Nicad New Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited AWD-e
    WIth trying different approaches, I found a way to keep the lights from coming on if I want to run the car in ready mode and perhaps overnight in my rolling Motel room. If I take a flashlight and shine it on the light sensor on the dash and put the parking brake on, the lights do not come on. Wondering if the dealer is perhaps able to alter the function of my car through the software to not have the lights come on unless driving at any time? Might make an enclosed small flashlight that I can de activate the sensor when needed and just sit on top of the sensor.

3. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Ingenious. Still, this is nuts... :confused:

Tom_06 likes this.
  4. Hammersmith

Hammersmith Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited AWD-e
    Try manually setting the parking brake, turning off the car, then turning on the car again. See if the lights stay off.

5. ben_g

ben_g New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I don't have a Gen5 Prius, but I do have a Gen4 Sienna, and on the Canadian models, there is no "off" setting on the light stalk, only "auto". The mod done to fix this is to install a Highlander light stalk instead, which does have the "off" mode. For the Sienna, it's a direct replacement with the Highlander. You might have to get a US spec stalk if you want the "off" function that badly (like I did).