1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Twin Cities (MN) Prius Owners - post!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by OwenKealy, Jun 17, 2007.

1. OwenKealy

OwenKealy New Member

My wife and I have had our Prius for about a month now - and in that time, I've noticed quite a few Priuses (is that the proper plural?) on the road. Over a dozen on the road on Wednesday, actually.

That's lead me to believe that there's at least a couple of people on these boards who're from the general Twin Cities/metro area. So, who are ya? Post here, fellow Twin Citians! :D

2. john1701a

john1701a Prius Guru

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(OwenKealy @ Jun 17 2007, 12:43 PM) [snapback]463483[/snapback]</div>
    The Twin Cities is actually one of founding areas for Prius. There's 7 years of history now (check out my website). Way back, we had gatherings. I really miss them. Someone needs to encourage a meet at a big park sometime... hint, hint.

I saw at least 20 Prius yesterday. They're all over the place. You can time sightings now, every few minutes! It's great!!

3. OwenKealy

OwenKealy New Member

I checked out some of the gathering pics on your site -that's a LOT of Prius(es) in one place. :blink:
    It would be be neat to have a gathering based around owning a Prius. . .

I actually saw your car the other day, parked across the street from the best damn ice cream place in St. Paul. I noticed it was a Prius, then saw the distinctive license plate, and said "cool".

4. tleonhar

tleonhar Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Well I'm not exactly from the Twin Cities, but Belle Plaine is still in the 7 county metro area. Extreme southwestern corner, but still metro area. Oh yea, and there are like 3 or 4 Prius in BP :)

I like the idea of a get together as well, I'll throw one suggestion out, Belle Plaine has their annual celebration (Bar B Que Days) the weekend of July 13-15, usually a good time, lots of music in one of the parks etc. typical small town celebration. Though it would be a bit of a drive for some, might take the better part of a gallon of gas. :D

5. OwenKealy

OwenKealy New Member

Only three of us? C'mon, I know there're more of you out there! :)

6. onerpm

onerpm New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    I have a black 2006, which is my third one (2004 driftwood, 2005 silver). My wife had one for awhile, but traded it for a hyCam. My dad had a 2004 and then a 2006 in FL; he died last year, and now my brother happily drives the 2006 in LA, with the prized HOV stickers.

I live on a street in Eden Prairie with about 35 homes on it. Up until about 6 months ago, we had the only Prii, but now there are 2 more on the block. As my dad said about a thousand times, "what a great little car!"

RPM

7. NET

NET New Member

Hey there,

My name is Christopher Cox. I'm the Minnesota Field Representative for National Environmental Trust, and I am currently recruiting some folks to join me for a press conference, which will happen either on Friday or Monday. The focus will be on Toyota's current position of fighting AGAINST fuel efficiency legislation here in the US. I know it's hard to believe, but it is true. We simply want to hold Toyota accountable for their actions that not only will hurt the environment, but will hurt the consumer too. The only reason they are against higher fuel efficiency standards in this country is because they could never in a million years sell the giant SUV's in Japan that they are selling here in the US. The hypocrisy runs deep on this one, and we need Prius owners to help us make the point that greenwashing in taking place! If you are interested, send me a note. All you would need to do is drive your Prius around the state capital a few times and maybe stand by your car while I give the press conference, so the cameras have some good footage.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(OwenKealy @ Jun 17 2007, 12:43 PM) [snapback]463483[/snapback]</div>

8. leealnes

leealnes New Member

07 Seaside Pearl Pkg #6 here. I am seeing a lot of new Prius on the road around MSP. Very popular car up here in the northland. My neighbor bought one two weeks after I brought mine home. I hope it drives well in the snow...

Who do you all trust to work on your Prius in the TC area? I want to get XM, iPod, Sharkfin antenna, etc. installed but I don't know if I can trust Best Buy or Circuit City to work on a hybrid.

Thanks

Lee