1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Twing.com new forum search engine

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by efusco, Mar 25, 2008.

1. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Twing - Search and Discover Communities

Maybe a nice new twist on the old search engines. This one specifically searches the discussion forums for the topic of your choice rather than everything on the web falling under your search words. You can search by post, thread or forum.

I haven't used it a lot, just saw a brief news story on it, but it sounded pretty interesting.

2. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Interesting. I like Google, but it's getting hard to sort the wheat from the chaff. I'll give it a try when appropriate.

Tom

3. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    see if you can find any priuschat listings on Twing...I'm either doing something wrong or it's not part of it's search group.

4. moxiequz

moxiequz Weirdo Social Outcast

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Neat idea. They definitely have a few kinks to work out though. A search under the 'Forums' tab for "Prius" and "PriusChat" failed to bring up any results. :suspicious:

I'm actually a bit surprised Google hasn't staked out the blog and forum search territory already. (Or maybe they're just waiting for an opportune time to unveil those projects...)

5. JimboK

JimboK One owner, low mileage

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    They have an "Add Forum" page, not easy to find. When I found it I submitted PC. That was awhile ago and it still doesn't appear in the list, so I'm guessing it requires a human to verify and add it.