1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Two beeps or not two beeps

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Godiva, Apr 24, 2005.

1. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I need more beeping. Is this something the dealer can do and will it in any way affect my warranty?

1. I'd like the horn to beep when I lock the car. The flashing lights just aren't doing it for me. I have to stand right next to the car and listen for the "lock". I feel stupid and probably look stupid too. Especially if I don't hear it the first time. I'd like the horn to beep once. No..I don't have the keyless special $6,000 bells and whistle package. Can the dealer add the horn beep on lock?

2. I'm fine with the interior backing up beep. However...I need more to shut my mother up. I'm tired of her harping on me that I'll run over a child because my car is so quiet no one hears it coming. So....I need the car to beep on the outside when I back up just like it beeps on the inside. Can the dealer do that? Do I need to buy a part and bring it to them to install? *IS* there anything I can buy that will do this? Will that void my warranty?

3. Yes, I'm anal. I inherited it from my Mother, who I suspect is also borderline OCD.

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    1) Danman said it's not possible looking at the service manual.

2) Just get a backup sensor :D.

3. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

You could have gotten SKS without NAV or JBL. Then it wouldn't have cost $6K extra.