1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Two electric cars in two days

Discussion in 'Environmental Discussion' started by verbiosa, Jul 15, 2007.

1. verbiosa

verbiosa New Member

I can honestly say I have never seen an electric car on the road before this week, and then I see two of them. One was being towed behind a camper, and the other was being driven ... but the driver was so big he had to hang on to the door frame in order not to fall out. :huh: I wonder if this is a problem for very many people?

Attached Files:

2. darelldd

darelldd Prius is our Gas Guzzler

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(verbiosa @ Jul 15 2007, 10:01 AM) [snapback]479127[/snapback]</div>
    I imagine this problem would exist for any large person in any golf-cart-sized car, no matter how it is powered.

Unless you consider all "electric cars" to be GEMs or other NEVs, you may very well have seen other electric vehicles before and not realized it. Many models look no different than their gasoline counter parts. Here are the ones I've owned: http://evnut.com/ Just the other day I thought I was seeing a Tesla
    Roadster, but it turned out to "only" be a Lotus Elise. :(

I prefer to think of "electric cars" as those vehicles that have the highway capabilty and features of traditional cars. The vehicles you are speaking of are NEVs, or Neighborhood Electric Vehicles. They are limited to 25mph, and are not necessarily what most people think of when they think of "cars."

I'm guessing this thread would be a better fit under "other cars" ??

3. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(darelldd @ Jul 15 2007, 01:12 PM) [snapback]479132[/snapback]</div>
    Darell, we just passed a village ordinance that allows low speed vehicles on all village streets. It's only a start, but already we are seeing an increase in the use of golf cart like vehicles.

Tom

4. verbiosa

verbiosa New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(darelldd @ Jul 15 2007, 12:12 PM) [snapback]479132[/snapback]</div>
    Dernit. I did go there first and thought it was just for other major hybrids ... maybe I should have scrolled down first? :rolleyes:

5. des101

des101 New Member

Tesla motors is making a new plant in NM-- of course, the cars are very luxury and about $100,000.
    Their next car might be about $50,000 which is quite a deal...
    Jay Leno has one of these babies.

--des

6. slair

slair Ubër Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Wow, I bet whoever sold that hog a smart car can sell a Popsicle to a penguin.

7. priussoris

priussoris New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Slair @ Jul 18 2007, 11:01 AM) [snapback]480973[/snapback]</div>
    You should be glad, Big people need less gas, I know because I am one :D