1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Two Issues - Display Screen & Wiper Spray/Blades

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Gasolean, Jul 23, 2013.

1. Gasolean

Gasolean Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Hello folks. Longtime Prius owner here. Had my Gen 2 for 6yrs before it sadly passed on last November. Purchased Gen 3 soon after. I like the improvements on the Gen 3. I have a couple issues with it - and I did mention it to the dealer when I took it in to the last oil change/check up.

1) The display screen in the center console is all screwy. It has all these lines that goes across it. Other times it's completely white. Sometimes it's completely fine. Like when it went in for check up. So they couldn't see what was wrong. :rolleyes: As soon as I got home - it went screwy again. This car sure has a sense of humor. The touch-screen aspect of it still works perfectly fine. So when it has moments of clarity I still can use it. I plan to go back to the dealer without an appointment when it is actually screwy. Watch it miraculously be fine as soon as I pull in.

2) On the driver's side the wiper spray hits the top of the blade when I spray the wiper and therefore doesn't spray the entire window. When the passenger side blade comes across fluid gets on so it still gets some fluid, but I still consider this a defect and it wasn't doing it when I first got the car. Not sure if somehow the blades shifted upwards or if the spray nodules shifted - but I did notice these are fixed. When I went to the dealer they were kind of rude about it saying that "there's nothing we can do" as the spray is fixed. But this was just the person taking the appt, not the actual mechanic. I got there at the end of the day though so they changed my oil and did the other check up stuff (and I had a ruined tire and so they dealt with that) and when they returned the car to me they were a bit nicer and said they'd look into the wiper issue next time when they had "more time".

Just curious if anyone had any insights or had similar issues.

2. James Analytic

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Anything new you found regarding? Does the issue look like my issue I decided to document again and see if there is any new feedback regarding? My observations are the occurrence with higher humidity conditions after a certain humidity that I'm not certain the metric value yet.
    IMG2047.jpg