1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Two Newbie Questions

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by DBM, Sep 29, 2004.

1. DBM

DBM New Member

I have a couple of questions as I'm looking into buying a Prius:

1. Does Toyota offer Japanese Delivery in much the same way BMW, Mercedes and Volvo offer European Delivery?

2. How does a Prius equipped with Bluetooth reconcile between two Bluetooth-equipped phones present at the same time in the car?

Thanks!

2. victor

victor New Member

Gilching Bavaria Germany, & Drapanos, Crete, G
    1. Dont understand the question :oops:

2. The system will store the details of upto 4 phones, and you can select a phone via the menu if its not the last one usd, or (i think) in 1 of the 3 driver profiles.

3. DBM

DBM New Member

If you live in the US, you can pick up your BMW, Mercedes or Volvo in Europe. Depending on the manufacturer, you get a nice discount plus you get to drive your new baby in Europe. I picked up my last BMW right from your neighbourhood. If you see BMWs with the red expiration date on the right of the license plate, those are most likely European Delivery BMWs.

Thanks for the BT clarification.

4. Varko

Varko Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    As I understand it you get a discount because the manufacturer is able to import the car into the U.S. as used and thus pay less duty/taxes on it, which is passed onto you (at least some of it anyway). Had a friend get a BMW last summer that way. The money saved more than paid for the airfare and driving trip in Europe.

5. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    1. you cannot get japanese delivery of your car.

2. generally, the phone that is registered (or configured) with your car SHOULD work BUT, a friend who has the bluetooth claims very very erratic operation.

he claims that he has had passenger's phones answered by his car before and the model of cell phone was not supposed to be compatible.

i dont have the option as i considered the price waaay beyond it worth.

to be honest with ya, there is a lot of difference in a $26,000 car and and $20,000 car. and i dont think the options are worth the price.

6. naterprius

naterprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Going in the FAQ...

Nate

7. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    ok just an update on the bluetooth thingy with my friend (his name is Kimo btw) he says he thinks that the reason his car answered a passenger's phone was because he was trying to set it up to answer his personal phone and he thinks he didnt do it right or didnt complete the process so that is why it might have detected the other phone first.

but it was strange in that the passenger's phone was unknown to him at all. he was rather surprized to answer it to find out that the call wasnt even for him.

i am trying to talk him into getting on the boards here but he is reluctant. although he works with computers a lot, he is not into forums....in fact, other than games, he isnt into anything to do with the computer. he never checks his email... or at least, he never reads any of the ones i send him.

i sent him an email a few weeks ago to tell him i got Doom 3. so a few minutes ago, he just found out that i had it and wanted to know why i was hiding it from him!