1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

two prius pricing questions

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by Saurabh, May 24, 2006.

1. Saurabh

Saurabh New Member

Why are the edmunds (TMV) and KBB prices for prius way higher than the price that most dealers are quoting? Most dealers are willing to go slightly below the MSRP whereas the edmunds/KBB is around 1k higher than MSRP.

Also, my dealer told me that MSRP for a package 4 prius is 24,400 (as opposed to 24130 on the prius website) as it includes other things like cargo net and floor mats. Is it true or just another scam? How do I verify this?

-Saurabh

2. ghostofjk

ghostofjk New Member

I don't know the answer to your first question.

The MSRP price doesn't include floor mats. The standard dealer charge for them is $186. I don't know what the charge is for the cargo net, but some dealers try to force you to buy it (or the first-aid kit or the locking wheel nuts or the glass-breakage sensor, etc.) by including it/them on the sticker as is they were "factory options". You don't HAVE to buy any of these, even the mats, from the dealer (they're negotiable), although you can't find the same mats anywhere else.