1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Two Priuses ready, need only one

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by marcelo, Oct 29, 2004.

1. marcelo

marcelo New Member

Hi all,

About seven months ago, we got on the waiting list at two SF Bay Area dealerships for a Prius with Package 9. We gave each dealership a $500 deposit and decided to wait on which came in first.

This week, we got word from each dealership that our car would be ready for purchase and pick-up by Nov. 1. Each car is a 2005 model with Package 6 (the equivalent of package 9 in 2004).

Since we only need one of the cars, I was wondering if it is possible to cede our spot on the list to someone else, specifically someone on this board which has been a very comforting place to visit during our long wait.

We have no interest in charging anything for this (I did notice on other forums people unscrupulously selling their spot on the list), but of course we would need the $500 deposit back.

Is this kind of thing done? If so, how is it done? And is someone interested?

2. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    That's interesting. I think it's great that you are willing to give your spot at one of the dealers to someone else. However, I further think that this is up to the dealer. They might have a problem with the introduction of someone new ahead of their established customer base. It might seem that it's just another car sale for them, but if they are interested in the fairness of their wait-listers, they might not do it.

As for the redemption of your $500, did you actually place two downpayments with both of them non-refundable? If you remove your name, the dealer should give your money back assuming that they said it was refundable.

As for me, the French knight said it best: "I'll go ask him, but he's already got one."