1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Two years of FE data

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Fuel Economy' started by Proco, Jul 23, 2008.

1. Proco

Proco Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    So I've had my Prius for a little over 2 years now (I picked it up 7/3/06) and have put over 54000 miles on it. And I thought it might be nice to share my MPG log.

Google Docs - 2006 Prius MPG

Some quick highlights:

1. MPG the first year was 53.43 over 27325.6 miles
    2. MPG the second year was 54.83 over 25220.5 miles
    There were 3 months in year 2 where I didn't increase my FE from year 1:

1. August - drove to friend's wedding in Pittsburgh (~400 miles) and did local driving there before filling up.
    2. December - Warmer than average December the first year.
    3. May - Colder than average May the second year.
    One thing that baffled me, and I didn't know how to accurately represent it. For some reason the mileage on my sheet was 41.7 miles less than my odometer reading. I don't know if I wrote some of my earlier ones down wrong or mis-typed here or there. But I just threw in an 'adjustment' row at the end of the second year. Any suggestions on a better way to handle that would be more than welcome.

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    You can be off by about a mile each tank when going by the consumption mileage. I always use the ODO to get the actual miles traveled for each tank...just subtract the previous from the current reading.

3. Highly ImPriused

Highly ImPriused Impressive Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Could it be the miles on the odometer when you took delivery of the car?

4. Proco

Proco Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I'll have to think about doing it that way. The way I do it now is I use Trip-A for each tank and reset it when I fill the tank. I suppose that could, over time, amount for differences. If I'm at, say 502.35 miles it only reads 502.3 and then I reset it to 0.

I got mine straight from the port. It was never test driven and only had 7 miles on it when I picked it up.