1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Typical "tank" averages and lifetime Computer readings

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Fuel Economy' started by wvgasguy, Oct 6, 2009.

1. wvgasguy

wvgasguy New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    OK, I babied it when I first got it and then it became the daily driver. Someone asked about "tank" averages, this is what I get on a V, driving mostly interstate (low traffic) at or above the speed limit. Since I can't keep lifetime computer averages, I record the reading and then calculate the theoritical gallons it would have taken to give me that FE reading. Now I can compare long term manual calculation to the computer over a long term.

The computer is averaging almost 2 mpg too high. I'm not disappointed though. I do know on rural 2 lane roads I can get 56 mpg consistantly. I can get 60 driving into town and back. Unfortunately that is not what makes up my normal route. In the HH we average 23.5 and the Expedition 14.5 over the same routeins.

(Sorry, the chart I posted looked good until I posted it but then it got screwy. 45.35 vrs lifetime computer reading of 47.26 over 5939 miles is what it would have shown)

2. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    my tanks averaging just over 600 miles. that will probably drop as last tank posted yesterday is last "summer" gas. winter gas performance will be less. probably into the mid 500's