1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

U.S. bigger threat to world peace than Iran according to poll

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by jared2, Jun 15, 2006.

1. jared2

jared2 New Member

2. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jared2 @ Jun 15 2006, 11:08 AM) [snapback]271626[/snapback]</div> Why dont you get off the I hate America band wagon every now and then?

I could not care less either way what others think of us. They all seem to call the U.S. when they need help don't they?

3. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Jun 15 2006, 11:19 AM) [snapback]271634[/snapback]</div>
    Yup, and when it comes right down to it, go to almost any country, and you'll get the, "Yes, Americans may be arrogant, but I'd rather live there than here..."

4. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Jun 15 2006, 11:25 AM) [snapback]271640[/snapback]</div>
    It is funny - how they all supposedly hate us - but yet how they would all move here in an instant.

That being said - we should pass a law that goes along these lines:

If a country hates us:
    1. we can not supply them with any food
    2. we can not allow any of them to immigrate here
    3. we can not use our valuable defense resources to help defend them
    4. we can not help rescue them from any natural disaster that might befall them
    5. we can not give them any financial aid directly or indirectly at all
    6. we can not allow them here for educational purposes

just a few quick thoughts.

I am tired of this country being bitch slapped by elitists, lefties, and do nothings.

5. hybridTHEvibe

hybridTHEvibe New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Jun 15 2006, 11:25 AM) [snapback]271640[/snapback]</div>
    coming from someone who hasn't been anywhere (ohh wait Lithuania for 2 weeks, stopover in Helsinki for 2 days and changing planes in London), this is laughable.

You are a JOKE

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Jun 15 2006, 11:33 AM) [snapback]271647[/snapback]</div>
    who's they?

6. Mystery Squid

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hybridTHEvibe @ Jun 15 2006, 11:36 AM) [snapback]271648[/snapback]</div>
    Yeah, but jokes are funny, you're not!

:D

7. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Jun 15 2006, 11:33 AM)

It is funny - how they all supposedly hate us - but yet how they would all move here in an instant.

That being said - we should pass a law that goes along these lines:

If a country hates us:
    1. we can not supply them with any food
    2. we can not allow any of them to immigrate here
    3. we can not use our valuable defense resources to help defend them
    4. we can not help rescue them from any natural disaster that might befall them
    5. we can not give them any financial aid directly or indirectly at all
    6. we can not allow them here for educational purposes

just a few quick thoughts.

I am tired of this country being bitch slapped by elitists, lefties, and do nothings.

This is soo true!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Jun 15 2006, 11:39 AM) [snapback]271651[/snapback]</div>
    :lol: :lol: :lol:

Liberal Agenda or Communist Agenda?
    I can't copy & paste this as some may find it offensive

http://www.armchairviews.com/commie.htm

8. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hybridTHEvibe @ Jun 15 2006, 11:36 AM) [snapback]271648[/snapback]</div>
    "they" are these people polled who "hate us".

We should just ask two questions for those that want to come here.

Do you love this country? Would you defend her if called upon?

Done

9. hybridTHEvibe

hybridTHEvibe New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Jun 15 2006, 11:43 AM) [snapback]271657[/snapback]</div>
    explain how you derived at the conclusion that the people polled "hate us"

10. Mystery Squid

Yeah, there's a sampling... about a thousand people per country, IF we ASSUME a relatively even break down... Poll 1,000 people here on PC, and guess what you'll get? :lol:

11. mikepaul

mikepaul Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hybridTHEvibe @ Jun 15 2006, 11:47 AM) [snapback]271660[/snapback]</div>
    What most people seem to 'hate' involves the concept of Cultural Imperialism. The US supposedly imposes its culture worldwide, and people who have other ideas about how to live have varying reactions, including hate. Even mild dislike can be taken as hate if you are touchy enough.

Our pals the terrorists have their own culture they'd like to impose, and they need to knock us out of the way to do it. Other places like France just want to go on being French with even no Americanizations to the language.

Our 'cowboy' image wasn't helped by a lack of WOMD in Iraq, and I think it'll take an awful lot of sucking-up to get back in the good graces of countries where our culture is mildly tolerated. In countries where we are the antithesis of proper conduct, we're screwed...

12. MarinJohn

MarinJohn Senior Member

...And the Band Played On... (Reference to the early days of AIDS) Will we ever learn? Getting back to Iraq and the purpose of this thread, Our government is made aware early in the game of a pending pandemic but chooses to bury it's head in the sand until it becomes a costly error and all consuming. Better that Cheney makes 20-30 million dollars war profiteering than eliminating the problem early and saving the country billions of dollars (and in this case the goodwill generations before us have built up) "Who cares? I got mine!!!" Niiiiiceeee

13. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MarinJohn @ Jun 15 2006, 12:09 PM) [snapback]271671[/snapback]</div>
    What makes HIV and American problem. Where is the UN?? Why do we have to clean up every mess?

Dont forget algore and his $50,000,000.00 of Google stock. At least Cheney did something for his money like run the company. What did algore do??

And I am glad you are into pre-emption. At least we did not bury our head in the sand in Afghanistan and Iraq and hopefully Iran too. Glad you agree with us on that one. Actually there was an eight year of head in the sand before that :D

14. jared2

jared2 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MarinJohn @ Jun 15 2006, 12:09 PM) [snapback]271671[/snapback]</div>
    But by saving the country billions, he would have denied his cohorts billions. He's not stupid.

15. MarinJohn

MarinJohn Senior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Jun 15 2006, 09:36 AM) [snapback]271681[/snapback]</div>
    Again, it's all CLINTON'S fault!!! I've got a zit on my chin, oh! of course! IT's all Clinton's fault. I truly believe since everything that's wrong in the world is all the Clintons' fault anyway, we should elect Hillary, get 2 for the price of 1 and have plenty of reason to continue that line of thinking for the next decade. Naturally, if the Clintons accidentially stumble and do something right, it's because Reganomics is finally working. Sheesh. When we continue to blame Clintons either directly or indirectly after 6 years of bush, it only highlights how transparent our jello-like brains really are, and how little respect we deserve.

BTW let's be clear...I didn't vote for Clinton either time, I voted Green, and after 8 years of Clinton I may think he was the smartest and most well-meaning president in decades, but still don't wish to be considered a Bill-supporter (Bill jock?). But there's an important difference between Bill & Junior... Bill tried his best to benefit his country despite all odds and 8 years of opposition, compared to Junior who has clearly not accomplished similar goals, who instead has clearly just pandered to the top 1% of the country with literally no opposition. One fought hard for his accomplishments and one is skating and still has no accomplishments. And that's the difference in a nutshell between the 2 current parties. One works for the general population and one works for his benefactors, screwing it up for the general populace.

What about BIN LADEN who attacked this country and is still planning attacks against the world after 6 long years?

16. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MarinJohn @ Jun 15 2006, 01:29 PM) [snapback]271705[/snapback]</div>
    Differences b/n Bill and "Junior"
    1. One has stayed faithful to his wife
    2. One has defended America - especially after innocent civilians were murdered by islamofascists
    3. One was never impeached
    4. One never lost his license to practice law
    5. One never used polls to practice politics
    6. One won the Presidential election by a MAJORITY of voters :p
    7. One has never run like a girl from a fight like Somalia where the islamofascists now exert control
    8. One never let the NUCLEAR GENIE out of the bottle unlike the other who let it out THREE times
    9. One was never convicted of purjery
    10. One actually served in the military :p
    11. One had a vice president who never lost his home state in an election :lol:
    12. One lowered taxes for ALL Americans :lol:
    13. One allowed the FBI and CIA to talk to each other
    14. One increased defense spending
    15. One increased spending on intelligence services
    16. One never got a hummer from an intern in the Oval Office
    17. One you would take a cigar from and smoke it, the other you would put a condom on it :blink:

Not to tough who in the one above or if you are speaking from Monica's perspective - from below

17. Mirza

Mirza New Member

If you are going to try and attack the left, get a real argument and stop slobbering out the commie term. Totalitarianism is anti-liberal.

18. JackDodge

JackDodge Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MarinJohn @ Jun 15 2006, 01:29 PM) [snapback]271705[/snapback]</div>
    MarinJohn, don't get your hand too close to the cons, they're mean and they bite. They also don't listen and basically just react badly to anything that disagrees with their closed little world so it's not worth arguing with them. Kind of like messing with a junkyard dog; all you'll get is tooth marks :)

19. jared2

jared2 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JackDodge @ Jun 15 2006, 02:35 PM) [snapback]271740[/snapback]</div>
    Not only do they not listen, I have come to the conclusion that they have no respect for the truth. They only respect power. Since any kind of dialog is based on the presumption that the people involved do not want to deliberately lie, it is impossible to discuss anything with those who do conciously lie. Since they have no respect for truth, I have no respect for them, and will not debate them.

Fortunately, there are some intelligent and thoughtful people in this forum who do respect truth which is the only reason I bother posting at all. It really is a waste of time arguing with liars, but in this respect, I suppose they are true disciples of their heros in Washington.

20. Mystery Squid

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jared2 @ Jun 15 2006, 02:52 PM) [snapback]271757[/snapback]</div>
    Funny, I don't know of a single one that's implemented the ignore function...

:ph34r: