1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

U.S. deaths in Iraq, war on terror surpass 9/11 toll

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Alric, Sep 4, 2006.

1. Alric

Alric New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    This is a bit hypocritical since the loss of civilian innocent iraqi lives surpassed that number years ago. However, how many american lives will we lose until we come up with a better ratio of lives saved/lives lost...

http://edition.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/09/03/death.toll/

2. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Alric @ Sep 4 2006, 04:07 PM) [snapback]314147[/snapback]</div>
    The number of reported Iraqi civilians dead is over 40,000. Some favor we're doing them.

3. Alric

Alric New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dragonfly @ Sep 5 2006, 12:57 PM) [snapback]314630[/snapback]</div>
    Yes. In a tragic/comic way it reminds me of The Onion headline.

"Dead Iraqi Would Have enjoyed Democracy"

4. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Alric @ Sep 4 2006, 05:07 PM) [snapback]314147[/snapback]</div>
    I still do not understand your point. You propose no response to 9/11 or are you one of those - I was for the invasion of Afganistan but not Iraq - guys. You want to do nothing for another 8 years and let iran go nuclear like we did with north korea, india, and pakistan? how many people will die if iran gets nukes - how many are at risk because north korea has them. you would allow castro to go nuclear or chavez?

how many lives would we have saved if we pre-empted hitler when he first started his evil ways? by waiting 400,000 Americans were killed in action - not to mention tens of millions of other innocents.

Innocent iraqi's... how many did saddam kill? and you make it seem as though we are killing them when in fact they are being killed by those that want to enslave them again. you would rather that - let them suffer under the tyranny that brought death to over a million of them before we got rid of saddam.

you are indeed the problem - you see evil and call it good. you are in denial as to the threats we all face. you are their greatest ally at this time. you will let them arm, gain strength, and continue their path towards conflict with the western world but in a more powerful and deadly coat of arms.

cool

5. Alric

Alric New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Let's put it this way. You have a job to do, a contract is signed, and a client has expectations. You procastinate, misjudge and make errors and the work is not what is expected. Can you say "But at least I did something!"?

No, I think the world and most american citizens expected a better performance from our government.

One more thing. Its not that I see evil and call it good. I see shades and point out their complexity. Absolutes are human constructs.

6. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Alric @ Sep 5 2006, 04:21 PM) [snapback]314719[/snapback]</div>
    You think war is black and white - name one which went perfectly according to script? Heck, at the last minute turkey prevented us from invading iraq from the north. And sometimes doing something is better than 8 years of doing nothing except burying dead Americans.

I do not know what to expect from our government. I understand the history of warfare and how there can be very difficult times that require patience and trust - that our government has a RESPONSIBILITY above all to protect us.

There are no shades in evil - just evil -- that is your problem, and hence our problem. Evil is absolutely evil - there is no evil lite. that is how hitler started - hitler lite - just a little Jew hating, a little this hating , building a little air force and army against all signed treaties, then just a little land grab, then tens of millions dead. evil lite is evil. there are no shades of evil or of hate. and remember evil + nuclear weapons is an unGodly combination - i am sure you would even agree with that and that we should do our all to prevent that from ever happening.

unfortunately, there are many others like you too. i hope one day you see that there are no complexities or shades of evil. and evil gains strength from others inactions - remember that - evil gains strength when people dont see evil for what it truly is.

7. triphop

triphop New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Sep 5 2006, 05:52 PM) [snapback]314771[/snapback]</div>
    Don't start talking about evil here - you are a bald faced liar. You still need to provide some kind of proof that CLINTON GAVE NUKES TO NORTH KOREA. You have no right to lecture anyone about anything let alone evil.

8. Schmika

Schmika New Member

So what......the death toll from car crashes in the US surpasses the 9/11 toll EVERY MONTH.

9. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

So what... any old terrorist can come over to the U.S. and kill a few thousand of us and we'll act like we're out for revenge by attacking some other enemy, resulting in tens of thousands more innocents dead, and then give the original guy a FREE PASS.

10. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dragonfly @ Sep 5 2006, 10:57 AM) [snapback]314630[/snapback]</div>
    "Give me liberty or give death." Patrick Henry, March 23, 1775

I concur.

Wildkow

11. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Alric @ Sep 4 2006, 02:07 PM) [snapback]314147[/snapback]</div>
    And of the he 2,973 people who were killed on 9/11, how many of those do you think would have rather died defending their country, rather than just being made a hapless victim?

How many, if standing on the top of the building with a Stinger anti-aircraft missile, would pull the trigger, rather than just accepting their fate as a victim.

One thing for sure, every military member who died in the Pentagon went to work that morning, and every morning, knowing they were putting their lives on the line in defense of their country. They would have pulled the trigger if given the chance.

Would a Pacifist pull the trigger to save their own life? Or would they say, "Oh well, take my life, take the lives of everyone else around me, and take the country too, because none of these are worth fighting for."(?)

If given the chance, let me die on a battle field defending the country I love, rather than dying a meaningless death sitting on the toilet in the fifth stall on the left, on the 63rd story of some building.

HYPOCRITICAL??? You know not of what you speak. <_< Many of those “innocent†Iraqi civilians were either not innocent, made victims of American firepower by being made human shields by the resistance fighters, killed due to ethnic strife, or already victims of their own government (Saddam). Yes, many of their deaths were/are tragic, and I'm sure many of them would have loved to live in a democracy . . . just like the victims of 9/11 would have enjoyed being able to continue living in a democracy.
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Alric @ Sep 5 2006, 11:59 AM) [snapback]314669[/snapback]</div>
    Yes, many Iraqi would have enjoyed living in a democracy . . . that is why many of them did not fight the "American Occupier," but joined up with the Americans and died trying to help bring that dream life to reality for their people.

12. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
  13. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(triphop @ Sep 5 2006, 09:07 PM) [snapback]314881[/snapback]</div>
    I need not prove anything to you - ever. Who was President during the time NoKo got nukes. Who brokered the deal? Which ex-president (from the south) negotiated and sealed the deal - the same ding dong who oversaw the overthrow of the Shah which lead to this current mess. Democratic presidents used to be pro-America, Pro-Democracy. Sit down.

You probably see shades of evil too. Bush is evil in your world and not Saddam. Rumsfeld is evil while the Pres of Iran is not. You boil over Gore v Bush while millions suffer under the tyranny of oppresion in cuba, NoKo, Iran, ... and that is ok by you.

Prove what to you - that your moral compass is askew - not necessary. Sit down and realize that under BJ clintons watch the nuclear genie was let out of the bottle THREE times - that Americans died while he put cigars where they have never gone before, got impeached, got convicted of perjury, lost his license to practice law, lied about something as stupid as sex (freaken had sex with an 18 year old in a room that to a lot of Americans is sacred ground), rented the white house bedrooms like a motel 8, and in general did not care about the basics that great presidents did before him - and after him.

sit down. think. define evil for what it is and what it is not.

14. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dragonfly @ Sep 5 2006, 11:31 PM) [snapback]314975[/snapback]</div>
    i guess a few thousand dead American civilians is ok by you. and over million dead innocent iraqi's that saddam is responsible for is ok with you too. and his invasion of kuwait was ok with you too. and his quest for nukes was ok with you too. and iran should be allowed to get nukes is ok with you.

question: how many Americans have to be killed on American soil for it not to be ok with you?

15. triphop

triphop New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Sep 6 2006, 07:31 AM) [snapback]315079[/snapback]</div>
    You need not prove - BECAUSE YOU CANNOT. Instead of saying: I goofed, you continue to prevaricate. You are a pathetic person. Oversaw the overthrow of the Shah? You have a vivid imagination but a flawed grasp of history. Talk about straw men arguments.
    Who said anything about Saddam? I have not said anything about Cuba, Saddam, Ahmenijad or any foreign leaders. You continue to pull stuff out your &ss to avoid having to actually deal with your own lies that you keep telling.
    Immaterial - we need to understand how you can tell lies about an ex-president of the USA. You claim to be a patriot - I just see a slithering, slimy worm who is engaged in shady partisan politics. You do not have the backbone to back off your lies just so that can can continue vomiting your bile.
    I see evil - I see you. I see your attacks as weakening and dividing this country. It is people like you who give succor to the enemy by sowing disunity by your words. It is you, sir, who is the traitor to your country that you so claim to love.

16. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(triphop @ Sep 6 2006, 09:16 AM) [snapback]315101[/snapback]</div>
    continue living the lies. your form of patriotism is to aid and abet the enemy who has already killed thousands of us and wishes to kill many more. i only goofed by voting for some of these fools. you do not think carter let the shah get overthrown? and who is responsible for a nuclear north korea in your humble opinion? i doubt you would ever rise in defense of this country if it called you.

17. Alric

Alric New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Sep 6 2006, 08:38 AM) [snapback]315108[/snapback]</div>
    This is the part I don't get. From doubting evolution, to purporting that Iraq has anything to do with terrorism, or that it was ever a threat to the US, the right wing does not care about the truth. It seems like historical facts and interpretations have to fit their chosen worldview.

Maybe its just me, but I would rather be part of the reality-based community.

There are a couple of links in my sig. It would behoove you to explore the frontline website. You would be taken more seriously if your arguments had a basis in historical reality.

Cheers!

18. triphop

triphop New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Sep 6 2006, 09:38 AM) [snapback]315108[/snapback]</div>
    I challenge to find one lie on this board that I continue to stand behind and I will apologize to you personally - right here.

As for aiding & abetting the enemy - you are shooting stuff out your rear-end. You simply are trying to redirect attention from your own lack of morality. Jimmy Carter was one of the most honorable presidents that this country ever had as its leader. He actually had the courage to tell the US that consumption of fossil fuels was leading to strategic weakness. He was presented with one of the most deadly emergencies since the Cuban Missile Crisis (Embassy hostages). The service he has rendered to his country is probably unmatched by any president ever.

PS. The leadership in North Korean is responsible for their Nuclear Program. Who else - space faeries?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Alric @ Sep 6 2006, 09:46 AM) [snapback]315110[/snapback]</div>
    What happened to the www.realclimate.org link - that's a particularly good site - the expertise available for comment is terrific.

The denial of evolution & global warming is merely part of a strategy just like the exploitation of the fear of gays & terrorism. These wedges are used to perpetuate power.

19. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(triphop @ Sep 6 2006, 09:51 AM) [snapback]315112[/snapback]</div>
    what flavor are you drinking?

he made and created the environment that found the regime change he directly/indirectly supported in iran taking our embassy and citizens hostage - a freaken act of war. and he did what for the 444 days they were held captive? right - nothing. And how does that hostage crisis rise to the level of a potential nuclear exchange?? geez. i suppose you think carter cured global cooling which was the rave when he was picking peanuts in d.c.? it is true he was honorable and moral and ethical in direct contradiction to clinton who lacked all the above - those traits do not make him a good president - he was weak, he presided over the interest rates of 21%, unacceptable unemployment levels, created a blame America mood, saw the rise of the soviets to their pinnacle of power, and weakened the US. he continues to be an ambassador of anti-semetism and anti-americanism. Wth is he doing in iran? helping to rid that country of liberal professors and those of secular thought?? he sure did a bang up job in north korea too. everywhere he goes - disaster follows.

he should just fade to black already and go away - build homes for the poor and keep to himself.

20. triphop

triphop New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Sep 6 2006, 10:06 AM) [snapback]315120[/snapback]</div>
    What?! I should believe one word from a *PROVEN* partisan liar like you? You will need to prove the statements:

1. (Carter) directly/indirectly supported in iran (sic) taking our embassy and citizens hostage
    2. and he did what for the 444 days they were held captive? right - nothing
    3. he continues to be an ambassador of anti-semetism (sic) and anti-americanism (sic)
    4. helping to rid that country of liberal professors and those of secular thought??

as for your point about:

he presided over the interest rates of 21%, unacceptable unemployment levels,

Allow me to introduce you to the Chairman of Federal Reserve, Paul Volcker. He was widely credited as ending the Stagflation of the 1970s. To blame Carter for the economic conditions of the 1970s is to display the worst kind of ignorance possible. But you seem to be quite capable of doing.

PS Your English sucks - are you even an English speaker.