1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

U.S. Dept. of Energy gives Fisker stimulus $$ to develop mass-market PHEVs for 2012.

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by Rybold, Sep 28, 2009.

1. Rybold

Rybold globally warmed member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Fisker Gets Stimulus Loan To Develop Affordable Plug-In Hybrids

"The half-billion bucks comes out of the U.S. Department of Energy's $25 billion Advanced Technologies Vehicle Manufacturing Loan Program. Fisker hopes the injection of federal funds will allow them to bring a plug-in hybrid family car to market by 2012."

Fisker Gets Stimulus Loan To Develop Affordable Plug-In Hybrids | Green Business | Reuters

2. Son of Gloin

Son of Gloin Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    In part, the article reads:

"Fisker Automotive and the U.S. Department of Energy have agreed to loan terms for $528.7 million to bring an affordable electric car to the mass market.

Most of the money will go towards Project NINA, which aims to bring a plug-in hybrid car to market for under $40,000 (after tax breaks)."

I don't know about "you" -- "you" meaning ... any-and-all who might chance to read this post -- but for "me" and, I dare say, for about 85% of American households, "$40,000 (after tax breaks)" doesn't qualify as a definition of "affordable"!