1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Uber driver looking for specifically optioned Prius v

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by KadMills, Oct 1, 2023.

1. KadMills

KadMills New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring

I do Uber full-time to pay for my university tuition and other things. I love it.

I bought a wonderful 2007 Prius touring before I started doing Uber. Minus the lack of Bluetooth, the car is perfect. I would keep using it if I could, however, in March, it will be too old for me to continue using for Uber.

I’m on the prowl for a Prius v. I can pay good money or trade my current.

It must be:
    • A Prius v, I need the space.
    • Have Automatic Emergency Braking.
    • Have all exterior lights (HID & Fogs).
    • Have service records going all the way back to new.
    • The battery can be in any condition, but it must be well documented. If it’s going out, show me that. If it’s brand new, show me that.
    • Interior must be in perfect condition.
    • Exterior can have wear and tear. Clearcoat must be fully intact and all the panels must be the same color. A few dents are OK.

I will drive anywhere in the mainland USA for it. Realize that this will be a long and drawn out sale process. I am very particular with cars. You will be rewarded handsomely, and I can prove I am not a robot.

Enjoy this photo of my current Egg.

Attached Files:

#1 KadMills, Oct 1, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2023
  2. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    You should realize gen3 have more design flaws and expensive issues than gen2s. Head gaskets, excessive oil burning, massive carbon buildup, brake booster and inverter fails. Plus an egr system a gen2 did not have is also a bad design. Most of those items can cost more than a hybrid battery up to and including a ruined engine.

By the book maintenance is not a guarantee of anything since Toyota went to 10,000 mile oil changes and very long coolant intervals.

Did I mention the oil and fuel slush that accumulates in the intake manifold?

If you must have a Prius v and are willing to chance it, only consider 2015-17 v’s with revised pistons and rings. But few of these years were sold. Advanced safety was a rare option on all v’s. I would not fly or drive cross country to buy a gen3.

A RAV4 hybrid has just as good mpg starting with the 2019. Spend a little more and get awd as a bonus.

#2 rjparker, Oct 2, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2023
  3. KadMills

KadMills New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    I would continue to use a Gen 2. But my turnover is going to be before I am done with college if I get a 2009. Now, while I can afford to do this I am tired of switching cars.

Is the RAV4 a plug-in. I am in Arkansas and have zero ability to charge a car with any sort of reason.

4. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    A rav4 hybrid is just like your Prius but bigger. It is the reason Prius v sales went away in the US.

Rav4 Hybrids
    IMG_3033.jpeg IMG_3034.jpeg IMG_3035.jpeg

#4 rjparker, Oct 2, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2023