1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Ubu goes Green

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Ubu the Tech Guru, Aug 15, 2013.

1. Ubu the Tech Guru

Ubu the Tech Guru Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Hi guys, I go by Ubu because of my xbox live gamertag being "ubuntuaddicted" (because I am addicted to using Ubuntu linux OS) and when I play first person shooters in game callouts are easier for my teammates to say "He's behind you Ubu" versus "He's behind you Ubuntuaddicted". I am a 33 year old male with a GF of 5 years and her 2 kids. I am a Mechanical Engineering Analyst by day and a video gamer/youtube video creator/tech nerd by night.

I have been reviewing various threads on Prius Chat for the past couple days and I finally decided to just join already so I can hopefully learn more and contribute where I can.

I am a newb to owning a Prius. I just purchased a 2013 Prius C, trim package #2 on Monday, 8-12-2013. Got it from a local Toyota Dealer as a 3 year lease. My father has had his for a couple months, also a 2013 Prius C but trim package #3.

His has the very techie center display with access to many apps as well as additional car information where the radio normally is as well as 15" alloys where as mine just has a standard radio and steel rims with hub caps. I was driving my fathers for about 5 days prior to getting my current 2013 trim package #2 Prius C. I must admit I love the #3 trim package versus the #2 I am now driving. My bluetooth failed to sync this morning which I don't know why so i couldn't make any phone calls thru the prius c but it's ok. I miss my dads prius c, lol.

It's amazing how much driving the Prius C has changed my driving habits in the last week alone. I no longer tailgate, drive in the left lane on the interstate (fast lane), slam on the gas to accelerate, and weave in and out of traffic. I haven't even gone through my first FULL tank of gas. I'm about 210 miles into my first full tank but I did put 3 gallons into it on Tuesday after work because I wanted to see how many gallons it takes approx to get to my work AND back. See, I got the car monday evening around 7pm with a FULL tank and about 30 miles on the car.

When I did add gasoline I noticed I could enter a comparison mpg and enter the current price of gas and make it so my display had additional info shown for 5min consumption, records, and what not. I noticed the car has several records of varying miles back in April of this year. So the car appears to have already been driven 141 miles (at a min) and then the ODO must have been reset. Probably a factory test or something like that.

I have a 70 mile hwy trip to work everyday. So total about 140 miles a day I put on just to get to work and 95% is highway driving. I am learning when to use cruise and when not to. I am trying to learn some of the advanced techniques. Hopefully my time here will be fun and a learning experience.

-Ubu out

JMD likes this.
  2. Prius_Cub

Prius_Cub Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Congrats! Welcome to Priuschat!

LG-AS695 ? 2

3. JMD

JMD 2012 Prius 4 Solar Roof

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Welcome and happy motoring

4. Ubu the Tech Guru

Ubu the Tech Guru Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I thought i'd post some pictures to share with everyone. I know all C's look the same but this one is mine! :) What's your honest opinion about the removal of the hub caps? I think it looks more sporty but curious what others think?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Prius_Cub likes this.