1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Ugly loaner car

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Renocat, Jul 25, 2006.

1. Renocat

Renocat Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    My apologies to anyone that owns this vehicle :blink:

When I took delivery of my Prius last week, there was a very small scratch near the fuel door and a couple on the roof above the driver's door. The dealer is fixing those for free. My salesman brought a loaner car to me and took my baby away :(

He brought me a Scion XB. I think those are the ugliest cars every! And after having my Prius for 6 days, I am already spoiled by the SKS and push button start. We walked up to the scion and I expected it to unlock when I grabbed the handle :rolleyes: I had to figure out which button was which on the remote entry.

Inside it is horrible. The seats are hard, it is pretty plain inside but at least it has A/C

Just venting....spoiled already by my baby!

2. Somechic

Somechic Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    You thought the xB was bad? I had the Scion xA as a loaner a couple of weeks ago.
    I don't know how anyone over 5'5 fits in that thing.

3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The xB is pretty damn spacious though. Hell, you could wear a top hat and still have headroom left over.

4. San_Carlos_Jeff

San_Carlos_Jeff Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    N/A
    I think the Xb looks better than the Prius.

Ducking for cover..............

5. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(San_Carlos_Jeff @ Jul 25 2006, 02:26 PM) [snapback]292087[/snapback]</div>
    You do live dangerously, don't you? :D

6. dipper

dipper Senior Member

At least it is not a Pontiac Sunfire you could have if they walk to next door to a Rental office. :lol:

7. bigj3347

bigj3347 New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I always thought the xB looked like a hearse . . . a mini version at least. If I had to rank, I say its right up there with the Honda Element as the Wth were they thinking when they designed those cars list.

8. dancekat59

dancekat59 Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
  9. B Rad

B Rad New Member

I had three cars on my test drive list. Prius, Jetta TDI & X-BOX----The prius won but I love the look, and wouldn't mind an XB as an extra set of wheels . Of course that may never happen as my wife thinks it's the unglyest thing on the road.

10. tumbleweed

tumbleweed Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    The Scion xB is so ugly it has class. Especially the bright yellow one, looks like a giant square canary.

11. Scott_R

Scott_R Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Never sat in the xB, but I think it's one of those things that are so ugly they're almost cute.

12. keydiver

keydiver New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Renocat @ Jul 25 2006, 11:13 AM) [snapback]291962[/snapback]</div>
    I agree. My wife and I call them "milk crates on wheels". They are just too utilitarian looking for me. My wife and I like a car with smoother lines:
    Her Car

13. Renocat

Renocat Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Well, not only is it ugly but it was low on gas :angry: I had to put some gas in it so I could go to an appointment I had an get back to work tomorrow. It would be nice if mine came back with a full tank of gas but I am not counting on it. <_<

14. jamarimutt

jamarimutt New Member

Renocat: How old are you? Fifteen? Don't you know by now that beauty is in the eye of the beholder? You should know better than to start such a silly thread.

P.S. Scion xBs probably outsell the Prius 3 to 1.

15. wilco

wilco New Member

Do you mean the car they gave you as a loaner was ugly, or are you saying the xB is for ugly loners?? :p

A friend of mine who lives in Canada really wants one. I'm not sure if he actually likes it or if he just wants something he can't have (no Scion in Canada).

16. markymags

markymags Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    It can't be worse than my experience. I had to bring in my Prius 5 days after I bought it to have a couple minor things performed on it. I got there before they closed and was told that the rental car company did not leave the keys for my rental car. Since the rental car company was already closed (they have an office in the dealership) the dealership loaned me one of their used cars that they have been trying to sell. After driving it I knew exactly why it was not sold. It was a rather old Camry - I'd say early to mid 90s - and was extremely rocky when I drove it. After driving my Prius around for 5 days I was already spoiled. I drove to the dealer directly from work - luckily there was minimal traffic that day - so I could get rid of that piece of junk. I would have taken a Scion XB over that old Camry any day of the week...

17. Devil's Advocate

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
  18. cmympg

cmympg Who knows? Who cares?

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Oh, a toaster car....... :D

19. Renocat

Renocat Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jamarimutt @ Jul 25 2006, 07:55 PM) [snapback]292269[/snapback]</div>
    Ummm 15??? no... 41 :D Why is it silly to start a thread about about a car that I feel does not measure up to my Prius? Others seem to agree

I am thinking you must own an Xb? So sorry to offend you.

20. iluvmacs

iluvmacs Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Yeah, I think the ugliest cars out there are the Scion xB, Honda Element, and the Pontiac Aztek. Oh, and any Hummer ;-).

When I was at the dealer getting my Prius, I sat in an xB (just to check the interior out for once) while waiting for the finance guy, and I had to get out right away... I hated the styling of the inside so much! ;)