1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

ugly sunvisor on prius

Discussion in 'Generation 1 Prius Discussion' started by adric22, Dec 26, 2009.

1. adric22

adric22 Ev and Hybrid Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Okay, here's a picture of that 2002 Prius I bought for $2,800 with the dead HV battery:

[​IMG]

Notice it has a sunroof? According to my toyota friend, this is an aftermarket sunroof. It looks fine, seems installed well and all. I'm not a fan of sunroofs, though. Anyway, notice it has this little hump over the front portion? I'm not sure what this thing is called. According to my friend, these serve no purpose other than looks. After he told me that, I started wondering if it might be better to remove the thing, since it probably adds extra aerodynamic drag to the car. It appears very easy to remove. But I'm not sure how long it has been there and I'm sort of afraid it will leave a C-shaped area on the roof with paint that is a slightly different color.

So.. I just wanted some opinions.. To remove it, or not remove it?

2. firepa63

firepa63 Former Prius Owner

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    It's a deflector similar to the ones used on side windows. It can be removed.

3. boppo

boppo Active Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    it keeps the wind noise down, I hsve it on my 88 camry factory installed.

4. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    How upset are you going to be "if" it leaves a faded mark? I'd imagine it's really not either/or. I'd think you could remove it and if you weren't happy with the results reattach using new adhesive.

Swing into a bodyshop, a reputable one will give you an opinion on how to remove, potentially how to reattach and maybe what to expect in regards to looks once removed.