1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

uh....I'll give it a try...

Discussion in 'Local Prius Club Main Forum' started by Jerry P, Jun 16, 2004.

1. Jerry P

Jerry P Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius
    Model:
    XLE AWD-e
    I see I suddenly got 'Moderator' status for the N.E. Ohio/ N.W.Pa club. I'm willing to give it a shot. Now, we just need to hear from other owners. I know there are some in the Cleveland area, the Sharon Pa. area, Meadville and Erie areas. Let's go guys. We have a reputation as 'the Rust Belt' but there a lot of forward-thinking people up here, and I think Prius owners fall into that class. If you're reluctant to post, just send me a private message through this board and let me know you are out there.
    As an aside, I was asked to give an interview to a reporter from the Erie Times-News this afternoon. We chatted on the phone for a while and he asked some pretty good questions. We'll see how it all comes out, but he found me through Priuschat.com and I put in a few good plugs for the forum (thanks Danny!). I know our cars are next to impossible to get right now, but the message about the technology has to get out if it is going to enter the mainstream.

2. montolchik

montolchik New Member

Jerry,
    I should be able to participate. Not really sure what a regional community could bring, but I'm willing to give it a try.

3. Jerry P

Jerry P Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius
    Model:
    XLE AWD-e
    Thanks Mike. I don't know what will develop here either but I'm sure there might be some regional issues, such as e-check rules, traffic problems, dealer problems, etc. that might get airing here. I also think it might be nice to have a meetup once a year just to emphasize the 'power of the Prius' to foster change in people's attitudes about hybrid cars. I have only seen one other Prius in my local area and I think it would be neat to get a bunch together. I'm sure a gathering of Prii would be of interest to news outlets in the area, again to promote the wider acceptance of hybrid vehicles.

4. montolchik

montolchik New Member

I've seen a few other '04 Prii in my area. I know of one other Priuschat member that lives only a couple miles away from me based on his location. It may be helpful to know someone else who has a Prius close to where I live.

5. Jonnycat26

Jonnycat26 New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Hey.... you PA/OH people care to move yourselves over to the eastern side of PA? :)

6. bdesatnik

bdesatnik New Member

Another new '04 Prius owner (3 weeks old) here from east side of Cleveland. Haven't seen too many Prius here in my area.

Bob
    '04 Driftwood Pearl BC

7. montolchik

montolchik New Member

Bob,
    I think I've seen every color but Super White and Seaside Pearl here in town. There's a Black and a Silver that I sometimes see during my commute into downtown along the shoreway from Mentor. The Black is owned by someone who lives near me. I saw a Red last weekend taking the East 422 spike off of 271 South. One day, I saw another Tideland in the Willoughby Brewing parking lot. The Driftwood that I saw was still on the truck being pulled into Classic. It's definitely not a daily occurence that I see another 2004 Prius, but it is almost weekly.

8. Tom

Tom New Member

I am on the east side of Cleveland with a Tideland Pearl. I think a Rally to Erie to eat at Hectors could be a blast.

Tom.

9. Jerry P

Jerry P Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius
    Model:
    XLE AWD-e
    I'm about 5 mi. south of I-90 in the infamous snow belt. Hector's? Don't know how long ago you were there Tom but it's not exactly the best neighborhood in town. Little Italy used to be a great place - lots of neat little nieghborhood bars and restaurants- but it's been changing a lot over the last few years. Sad.
    I thought that a nice place for a possible meet-up would be at Potbelly's restaurant in Madison,OH just off I-90. It's just an converted gas station but has the best breakfasts and dinners we've found between Erie and Cleveland - and real inexpensive , too. Early fall might be a good time.

I'm glad to see some interest in the area. My wife has seen a few more Prii in the area so there may be more interest as the summer goes on..

10. MBranstein

MBranstein New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I'll try to breathe a little life into this forum!

I'm in Concord, OH - practically in Mentor. I've ordered my 2005-6 Prius (preferrably 2006) from Bedford Toyota - there was no way I was goin through the Mentor Toyota. Those jokers didn't even have a test model to drive.

I've seen one Salsa Red Prius in the area lately around Heisley Road and Mentor Ave. I would have tailed the Prius home, but my wife is not as obsessed as I am. JIC, if you see a vanilla-colored boxy S70 Volvo following you around - that's me.

I'm hoping to receive shipment of my Prius sometime in 06 to get that great tax benefit - I hate tax season! But, if it come in before that, it'll be hard to wait!

Let's get something going in our area!

11. mypriusiscute

mypriusiscute New Member

any one in upstate NY want to have a meeting?

12. priusham

priusham New Member

Michigan - land of everlasting snowflake icon!
    You shouldn't be so hard on that dealer for not having a demo, MB.

VERY, VERY few dealers keep a Prius in stock with anxious customers on a wait list. I know at least one who simply tells people to go across the street to Enterprise Car Rental. They rent the Prius.

13. Guest

Guest Guest

Hi everyone,

I got my Prius in March '05. Have you all noticed a huge reduction in MPG since the weather started to get cold? Is it the temperature or the winter fuel formulation?

Beth

14. bgdrewsif

bgdrewsif New Member

Phoenix, Arizona (formerly Bowling Green, Ohio)
    Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Greetings everyone!

I thought that I would add a comment here since there does not seem to be a Northwest Ohio PriusChat group yet... I wonder why??? :D

Well, for the moment, I guess i will represent the Findlay/Bowling Green area, (there are several Toledo area people on Prius Chat (based on the Frapper map).

If y'all ask me, ohio is small enough to include at least Northern Ohio in the group... Besides, I spend most of my summers in Port Clinton/Sandusky, and that is sort of closer to Cleveland... :rolleyes:

Well keep posting!!!

-Drew

15. Emma

Emma New Member

Hey....a fellow Erieite!
    Do you remember who from the Times interviewed you?
    I've been considering calling them to see if they're interested in doing a story...I work with two other people who Prius and there is someone who occassionally parks in our lot who has one, too. I thought the picture of four Prius (all different colors) in the same lot would be worthy of a little publicity!

16. kaptaink

kaptaink Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Over here in western NY near Chautauqua Lake. Would be interested in a gathering in Erie which is 35 minutes away. Thanks Kevin :blink:

17. I'm from Erie (Fairview), too. Just ordered an '06 yesterday, so I'm not too familiar yet. Does a Prius have a compass? What the heck does "Prius" mean?

18. ohgreys

ohgreys New Member

I'm in Portage County (west of Akron, about an hour south of Cleveland) and would be interested in a gathering. Depending on when it would be, Erie PA might work.

19. chimohio

chimohio New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bgdrewsif @ Mar 10 2006, 07:38 AM) [snapback]223141[/snapback]</div>

I live in Fremont and have seen several around here - even saw one in Clyde. In fact there were two at a bike club ride I was on recently.

20. <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ohgreys @ Jun 21 2006, 06:42 PM) [snapback]274946[/snapback]</div>
    First time using site. We purchased our Prius on 9/25/06.We live in the Doylestown area that is Wayne County.Have not seen many Prius around here. Would like to chat about the winter driving.(Hasn't been much yet).Had one episode with sliding in the snow.Let me know of any experiences to look out for. I love the car