1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

UK diesel price breaks record high

Discussion in 'International Owners' started by GrumpyCabbie, Jan 28, 2011.

1. GrumpyCabbie

GrumpyCabbie Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    The cost of diesel fuel in the UK has broken a previous record high, the average cost is now £1.33 a litre or $2.10 a liter or $7.98 a US gallon! Petrol is following at £1.28 a litre or $7.67 a gallon for Premium unleaded (our cheapest). One wonders if it's a sign of things to come?

BBC News - Diesel price reaches record high

Bit worrying for us over here as the price will usually increase towards the summer and its already at a high now. At least I bought the Prius when I did, though it costs me £10/$15.84 more to fill my tank than it did this time last year. :(

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    same over here, but at a much lower level. if the 'conservatives' were in office, we'd blame it on their cronies. but with the liberals? no one is saying a thing.:)

3. Jands

Jands New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yeah and no one is protesting much!
    The last time the price broke the £1 a litre barrier we had truck driver strikes...

4. Flaninacupboard

Flaninacupboard Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Yes.

In a way it makes me glad, since the more expensive it gets the sooner my PHEV kit is paid off. Maybe once it's at £2 people will finally tell the BBC to stop taking the piss out of EV's.

5. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Gas here is now $3/gallon. We hit that number before so it isn't news. When it hits $4/gallon we'll start seeing "Bubba" bawling that he can't afford to buy gas for his truck or SUV all over the news.

6. 4540flossy

4540flossy New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I've always protested about being labelled as a "smug" Prius owner, but when every other driver in this part of the world seems to be driving BMW X5s, Porsche Cayennes, Discoveries and Range Rover Sports, I do find myself rather hoping that they are suffering in some small way for the ridiculous transport choice they've made to ferry their children to and from school with petrol approaching $8 a gallon. If environmental issues are not enough to persuade people to think about the choices they are making, then perhaps financial hardship might. Feel free to label me as "smug" from now on - I can take it!

For the record, I deplore the current UK government and what it's doing to the country; I didn't vote for either party currently in office....

7. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    funny, it sounds like, even at the equivilant of $8.00/gallon gas, your situation is exactly the same as ours.:cool:

8. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    wow. Our prices have been increasing as well but nowhere near the records seen in 2008 before the economy collapsed. Back then, our prices ranged from $1.20 to $1.50/litre (75p-95p/litre) or US$4.50-$5.67/gal

9. Flying White Dutchman

Flying White Dutchman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    i hear music? ooo diesel go's up? nice less diesels on the road i hope!
    o happy day