1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

UK Features & Options round up

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by tone_uk, Jun 5, 2009.

1. tone_uk

tone_uk Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    FINAL UPDATE:
    Full specs have been announced - detail below...
    http://blog.toyota.co.uk/full-uk-specs-prices-new-prius

None of the UK models will have LKA (Lane Keep Assist), Adaptive Cruise Control, or LED Headlamps available.

I've deleted original post info to avoid confusion.

Remember this applies to UK models only - European models vary quite significantly - details of the EU models are on the Totota Europe Site (http://www.toyota-europe.com/cars/new_cars/prius/grade_compare.aspx)

5 people like this.
  2. Wooski

Wooski New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Good work Tone_UK.

Shame about the adaptive cruise - I really liked the idea of that. Would have made motorway driving alot easier.

Looks like Toyota UK have now finalised this info. I wonder when they will announce it? (Presumably on Monday so they can display the information at the Bullring Shopping Centre in Birmingham where the car is on display).

I would imagine that metallic paint is an option too. Plus - does the Pearl White have a special extra charge or does it count as a metallic?

3. agentred

agentred New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks Tone_UK!

Major bummer about the lack of Adaptive Cruise Control, but I think the HDD jukebox and relatively low price is worth the trade-off.

Wooski: I asked my dealer the exact same question, good news is the Pearl White is the same price as any of the other metallic paints. The other white is non-metallic.

4. tone_uk

tone_uk Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks for the support guys - and you are both worse than me... What on earth were you doing still up at 4am? :D

5. Wooski

Wooski New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Well I had just got in from DJing.

6. renpriv

renpriv New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Another Thanks to Tone_UK from me too :)

I'm looking to get a T Spirit too, but I would love to know for sure if the LED headlights are going to be standard or optional.

I know that electrically folding door mirrors are a no no, which is a shame as I love that feature on my car, but there will be plenty of other things to keep me happy :cheer2:

7. timberwolf

timberwolf New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Ooh, Heated Mirrors, that's one thing I really wanted on my Gen II. :eek:

8. agentred

agentred New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm actually a vampire, I need the silent EV mode so I can sneak up on people!

9. tone_uk

tone_uk Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    OK - so we have a DJ and a Vampire - who knew that the Prius drew in such a diverse range of consumers :D

I noticed that LED Headlamps have been mentioned above, I haven't added them to the list yet as although they were listed in the original UK spec, they have not been confirmed yet.

I'll update the original posting in this thread as new info becomes available, but I'm expecting the official Toyota PDF to be released v soon, so it may make all this irrelevant ! LOL

10. Wooski

Wooski New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Being new to the Prius and Hybrid Synergy Drive I went out for a test drive in a Gen 2 car today to see how I got on with it. The salesman was used to "helping" BMW, Mercedes and Audi drivers in North London into Priuses so he knew exactly what to do to build confidence in the car and the technology. He was even giving me urban hyper miling tips - to help get 55mpg in central London instead of 45mpg.

He told me he saw the 2010 last week though he hasnt driven it yet. He also showed me the internal bulletins about the car from Toyota. No confirmation on the LED lights (I asked him and he has no info in it). However they did have the new Prius loaded on the showroom car configurater and even the T Spirit appeared to have the normal lights. But then it also showed 17" wheels with the sunroof so it clearly wasnt 100% accurate...

So I'm almost certainly about to order this week. Just got to finally decide on colour and if I want to wait till 1st September for the "59" plate.

11. renpriv

renpriv New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Hmmmm, the LED lights seem to be a bit of a mystery for the UK. They are standard in Europe on the "Prius Premium".

Did the dealer mention anything about waiting lists? I won't be getting mine until March 1st so I get a 10 plate :D

12. thorjak

thorjak New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello, In Norway the Premium Prius have led lights. Mine Prius Premium comming in the beginning of September.

13. tone_uk

tone_uk Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Seeing as the UK model is on show in Birmingham this week - I've just booked a hotel nearby so I can go take a look on Sunday (it's a bit of a drive from here)

If I get any good photos I'll post them on here.

1 person likes this.
  14. Wooski

Wooski New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Is it a UK model though? It may be a LHD Euro model like the car in the video on the Toyota blog. Hopefully Simon will confirm.

Looks like I'm going to get a silver one. Its the most practical colour when the car is going to live on the street.

15. tone_uk

tone_uk Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm hoping so - maybe I'm just too optimistic in my outlook! I couldn't think that they would put a LHD model out in a shopping centre. But hey you never know.

Simon has been v quiet today - maybe he's working hard on geting that options sheet. ;)

If it's not RHD version I'll prob cancel my room (love that Premier Inn let you cancel without charge up until 1pm on the day! LOL)

Mind you - there's a Krispy Creme at Bullring - the allure of that could be enough to make the trip worth while :D

16. Wooski

Wooski New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I saw the options sheet yesterday with the dealer - he got his Prius folder out. Options are basicly metallic, leather, roof, protection pack (mats, front parking sensors, rear bumper applique) and styling pack (which are those awful chrome strips posted elsewhere). The metallic and leather are priced as before and the roof is £1,450 - which is now listed on the blog btw. He didnt have detailed specs tho so couldnt confirm LED lights etc.

Waiting lists. Well who knows what will happen. I think this new generation will appeal to a new wider audience who just couldnt get their heads around a Gen 2 no matter how efficient it was. Dealers are taking pre-orders now for delivery in August / September (tho I'm sure alot of people will hang on for the "59" plate from 1st September). Once the car is out, in magazines and other media there is bound to be alot more interest - even if its only from current owners - and this is when I can see waiting lists building up. If you want a car in March I would certainly go in to a dealer around the launch and ask them what's the best strategy.

One thing he told me was that in London over 95% of cars sold are T Spirits. But then at this dealer most customers are getting out of Audi's, Mercs and BMWs into the Prius.

1 person likes this.
  17. Mike Dimmick

Mike Dimmick Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The photos on Toyota.co.uk for the three grades show the same headlamp clusters on all three, and to me they all look like LEDs. The LED headlamps have three 'low beam' reflectors, the two small projectors towards the outer edge of the body, and one wide-angle reflector above that. High-beam is a halogen bulb, and is the larger projector towards the grille.

I can see taking this car abroad is going to be a whole barrel of fun...

I'm taking the fact that all three get front fog lamps as a good sign that all will get LED headlamps.

18. tone_uk

tone_uk Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Updated initial post in this thread with today's latest info.

Also wanted to ask - who else has actually put money down on a UK Prius? Trying to get a feel for how many have ordered and how many are browsing.

19. Wooski

Wooski New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Yes, I'm currently in the process of ordering my car. However the Toyota UK system currently wont allow dealers to order leather yet. Which says to me they are still finalising the specs. I suspect the issue with the leather is the lumbar support available on US cars (and presumably Japanese?). Perhaps the UK are trying to get leather seats with no lumbar? Who knows.

My dealer has offered me the choice of having the car re-upholstered in leather for the same money. He reckons it will be better quality and then I can have whatever colour I like. Its an interesting offer. Perhaps I could have the dark red that looks so good on some BMWs (chateau I think its called)....

20. RoyalBlue

RoyalBlue New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Powered lumbar support is standard on all versions in the Netherlands.

Sure, but the rest of the interior will have a different colour (dark grey or light grey / aqua). I doubt if that looks good.