1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

UK iPod/USB Interface on T-Spirit

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by SteelyEyed, Dec 6, 2009.

1. SteelyEyed

SteelyEyed New Member

Model:
    N/A

I'm in the process of ordering a UK spec T-Spirit and just can't find really good info about the USB interface.

The local dealership says that USB must be standard on the T-Spirit because they can't find the option on their computers - they're sweet but not very helpful...

I've been reading around - including an excellent post here on PriusChat from "Stream" but it's not telling me what I would like to know...

If there's UK T-Spirit owner in the house can you tell me if you have a USB socket in the arm rest or center console? Did you buy it as an option, and if so with which part code and how much?

I also wonder if I can connect a portable hard drive (120GiB or so), with a USB interface, to that socket? Reading the manual linked in the thread mentioned above I see the music selection would be a pain in the butt with up to 999 folders "flattened" into a list.

Instead of all that I could just buy myself a iPod touch and use it's controls, stream the music over BT and just charge from the 12v. This has a certain appeal if the USB interface is a pain.

So now I'm asking about BT - can you pair two music sources (A2DP) with the Prius HDD Nav head unit? That would be my HTC mobile and the iPod touch I speculate about above.

2. Iggyprius

Iggyprius New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have just had an iPod integration unit fitted to my T Spirit. The USB port is in the armrest storage compartment.
    There is an interesting YouTube clip showing a US version of the iPod integration, but it seems to be different to the one I have fitted. The YouTube version seems to have a USB tap on the audio screen and allows you to browse genres, playlists etc. However the kit I had fitted gives you a cd changer tab and needs playlists to work.
    Has anyone else come across this?

3. stream

stream Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    In the US (not sure if it applies to the UK), you need nav to be able to do BT audio streaming. Having said that, you pair the phone and audio player separately, so I see no reason you couldn't pair your phone, and an iPod as an audio player. And you can pair more than 1 phone, and more than 1 audio player.

Given how cumbersome the USB interface is, I decided against getting it installed (my early 2010 Prius was produced before it was standard on nav cars). I use BT streaming with my iPhone, typically using playlists so I don't have to mess around with the iPhone while driving.