1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

UK Owners Only - Do you have a brake problem?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by scottle, Feb 4, 2010.

1. scottle

scottle New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Firstly apologies for yet another thread relating to the braking issue.

I would like to know how many UK owners have experienced this problem. I have had my Gen 3 prius T3 for only a month and have so far had this problem four times. I contacted Toyota regarding this a couple of days ago to be told they were unaware of any problems. Further to the Toyota UK have issued a press release stating that it has had no reports of problems in the UK.

If any UK drivers have this issue please ensure you make toyota aware so that we can get our cars fixed along with the US and Japanese owners.

2. johalareewi

johalareewi Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  3. GrumpyCabbie

GrumpyCabbie Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I have been following the UK forums too and was informed by Toyota yesterday that we will be getting the software upgrade asap.

However, I have seen this article today which mainly relates to the sticking pedal problem but half way down it asks if other models have issues and quotes Toyota UK saying;

Toyota has admitted a software problem in the new Prius's brakes, but says it has now been fixed, and did not affect vehicles in the UK. So far it has not recalled any Prius cars.

see full article here BBC News - Q&A: Toyota recalls

Now this clearly states that no vehicles have been affected in the UK!! Hmmmm, odd since I had two phone conversations yesterday with Toyota PR, one of which was with the head of PR, Scott Brownlee (the guy on tv) and he was aware of the issue and how it has affected many UK Prius's.

Is this bad reporting or deliberate missinformation from Toyota? I think it is probably more to do with bad reporting.

4. scottle

scottle New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I've spoken to Toyota Customer Relation this morning and they are adament that the software on UK cars is different to that for US and Japan. The only advice they gave me was to replicate the problem for the local dealer and they will investigate it from there.

They are still following the line of it's just the way the brakes switch from regen to friction.

5. PaJa

PaJa Senior member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm not sure about UK (RHD cars), but I can replicate the brake loss with EU LHD car. It is not an issue for me, as my driving habits lead to very minimum occurence of this.