1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

UK owners - speed camera alerts after update?

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by raspy, Jan 5, 2017.

1. raspy

raspy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    For those that have purchased a car in the last few months and/or updated their older car's Touch n Go software to the latest version (6.7 or 6.8?) - does your beep when driving past a speed camera, and if so is a constant beeping or one time?

For example, I've got the older software, and the car will issue a double beep a few hundred feet before a speed camera, which is a useful alert.

The reason I ask is because reading the Toyota GB blog about the upgrade, some users are saying the latest software makes the speed camera alerts worse than before.

Comment 1: "Thanks for this. I have just picked up a new Prius Gen 4 Excel hybrid and have the same problem with beeping on approach and driving past speed cameras, even when crawling in traffic!"

Comment 2: "Before approaching certain speed cameras, the speed camera alert starts to keep & doesn’t stop until I have passed the speed camera. It’s worse having if I am caught in traffic"

Comment 3: "Also [is it me in not having the SatNav settings correctly adjusted or] is it now a ‘feature’ that the Speed Camera Alert only beeps once – a few hundred feet away from the Camera. On my previous 3-year old Prius I used to get 2 nice & loud double-beeps at, say, a quarter of a mile away from the camera as well as from hundred feet away."

Source: Toyota Touch2 with Go receives major software upgrade

2. GreenJuice

GreenJuice Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Mine was supplied with 6.7 and I get the occasional pip sound, but not at times that seem sensible to me. Part of the problem is that there is a lot of potential for hidden cameras and inactive cameras in London and the pip sounds happen even in jams and at a crawl.

raspy likes this.
  3. kithmo

kithmo Couch Potato

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    I've just recently updated mine and it is now an annoying constant bleeping that doesn't stop until after I've passed the camera, but mine only does it when I am over the limit shown on the nav as I approach.
    I approached one camera at 3 mph over (I was allowing for the 10% error allowed in the UK) and it bleeped away until I had passed the camera. In this instance I never slowed so I just assumed it was trying to tell me to slow down.
    I approached another camera under the limit and I only got the one bleep warning me of the camera.
    I have an aftermarket camera warning device, the INFORAD that does the same, but it does stop beeping if I slow down before the camera.

RCO, GreenJuice and raspy like this.
  4. raspy

raspy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Oh dear. It sounds like the other users who updates were right. I won't do the update then.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

RCO likes this.