1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

UK Reverse Beep - Has anyone solved this yet!!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by v4mpy, Sep 19, 2007.

1. v4mpy

v4mpy Junior Member

Has anyone solved how to turn off the reversing beep (for the UK prius).
    I have Toyota fitted reversing sensors which are drowned out with the noise of the reversing beeb.
    I contacted Toyota dealer and they can fit a switch that will turn it of for a £55 fee. :blink:
    There must be a simple way to turn it off via a routine off button pressing.
    The American way doesn't work.
    If anyone has solved it please let me know.
    Much appreciated.

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I have no idea. It's been three years, nearly four since the current gen came out. I'm curious to know how they can switch it off. That means they know what wire to cut.

3. Oxo

Oxo New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(v4mpy @ Sep 19 2007, 02:18 PM) [snapback]514913[/snapback]</div>
    How long have you had this Prius? I had a similar problem with not hearing the reversing sensors when I first had the car but I've now got used to them and can distinguish the reverse and the warning beeps easily.

4. v4mpy

v4mpy Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Oxo @ Sep 20 2007, 06:04 AM) [snapback]515182[/snapback]</div>
    I've only had the car a week, but I'm getting use to the difference in sound.
    I just find it silly that some countries can turn it off with a few press of buttons in a sequence and others can't.
    Surely it should be the same for all countries!