1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

UK - Yaris HSD (Prius C) Owners - PCV Valve

Discussion in 'Prius c Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Kingsway, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Kingsway

Kingsway Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    Active
    I recently ordered a PCV valve from the US. For some reason the only source I could find here in the UK, was the official dealer, where the price is £28-00.

This seemed a bit steep compared to prices in the US which are usually around $6 - $9 on Ebay.com (US site)

Now, if you've ever bought anything from the US you'll be aware that, although prices are usually much lower, the cost of shipping to the UK (if the dealer is even willing to ship outside the US) is usually enough to make your eyes water...

Well, I got lucky - this time I paid £6.55 for the item, and £5.30 postage. It arrived by post in 9 days. Even better - it just came through my door, with no duty or handling charges having to be paid at this end!!

So - an original Toyota part for about half the UK dealer price - including postage not bad!

Beware though that some dealers charge a LOT more for shipping... I just saw on ebay, someone offering 4x Quarts of Toyota ATF WS for £49-00 plus £88-00 shipping! (And I'd guess you would pay duty on top of that!)

PCV.jpg

#1 Kingsway, Apr 16, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
    ztanos likes this.