1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

ultimate lockpick 3 instructions?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by littlechuey, Jan 2, 2007.

1. littlechuey

littlechuey New Member

hey everyone, i've been on priuschat for a while now (but never had to post stuff because i've found answers to them through search) and i've been looking into the whole video and audio integration: video on MFD and audio through speakers.

i stumbled across the ultimate lockpick 3 after searching through the forum.

i'm wondering if anyone could share what the instructions are for installing the ultimate lockpick 3. i'm kind of nervous about pulling out the whole MFD and/or dash to install some product. i saw a few pictures people have posted during mid-installation with the MFD hanging out and a junkload of wires popping out of the hole. for a person who's never really messed with cars before, is that simple enough? i can read instructions pretty well and i pretty much build my own computers (if that experience helps any...) and stuff but a $1k computer and a $25k car is completely different (especially the pricetag, if nothing else, if you accidentally screw up).

so. yea, if anyone could scan/post the instructions of installing the device, i'd appreciate it.
    perhaps you could also tell me how hard it was for you to install the device and maybe how much experience you have with installing car electronics (just so i can get an idea of whether or not an amateur car tinkering guy like me would have any trouble)

here's some add'l info:
    i have a 2007 prius package #3: 9 JBL speakers, 6 cd changer, bluetooth, no nav system.

thanks.