1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Unable to program Prius and Chamberlain Remote together

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by ToyotaPrius2009, Sep 22, 2016.

1. ToyotaPrius2009

ToyotaPrius2009 New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    I
    I have a Toyota Prius 2009 model. I've had this car programmed before to a garage door, but I think the garage opener got replaced with a Chamberlain. I've watched many videos and read the manual, and tried pressing the first remote button on the Chamberlain remote and pressing the rear-view mirror button. It does not program. I tried the "Learn" button on the garage opener too, and it doesn't program or blink the lightbulb like it should when it finishes programming. I pressed the button on the mirror for 2 seconds until it stops blinking and until it starts blinking again with the remote, but does not begin to rapidly flash. I reset the garage door opener on the mirror and it still does not program. My garage door opener is a model HD420EV, and since I've moved back in, I was not able to find a manual for the model. Any help?

2. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    You need a special adapter to work with the newer garage opener. Go to Chamberlain or homelink website to get more info

#2 JC91006, Sep 22, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2016
    msg7086 likes this.