1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Unclamping fully charged prolong charger modules

Discussion in 'Prius c Technical Discussion' started by robinredd1, May 18, 2024.

1. robinredd1

robinredd1 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    I just finished reconditioning my hybrid battery the charger I have is for 28 pack and I have a Prius c so I took my Prius c models out 20 of them and put them in a pack and added eight to it to make 28 and used my prolong charger and discharged cycled 3 times .I left the charger on for like 30 hours because I wanted to make sure they were fully balanced topped of at 241 volts . It's been like 4 hours since I turned the charger off I went to unclamp them to move the 20 modules back into their pack and I loosened the to upper clamp bolts and it looked like they were starting press outwards like they were going to swell up I was afraid and clamped it back down quickly. What should I do I need to get those modules back in their housing and assemble the pack up and installed back into the Prius c.should I discharge some or will that effect all the reconditioning I have just done ? Or ? I don't know please help with some advise on this.mabey I'm over reacting and I can just unclamp them?

2. robinredd1

robinredd1 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    I used the housing from my 28 module Prius battery pack

3. Carall

Carall Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    After charging, you need to wait ~10 hours before disassembling the battery so that the shape of the modules returns to normal.