1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Undecided on a Prius?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Fuel Economy' started by greencanuck, Mar 15, 2005.

1. greencanuck

greencanuck New Member

For those undecided on whether to purchase the Prius or not I strongly suggest a rental. I had taken one of the Dealer's demos out a couple of times. Both times with the salesman which I wasn't too crazy about by the way. While after leaving both times I felt I liked the car, the next day, thinking back, I couldn't really recall many details about how the car actually drove. A little too pre-occupied I guess with the unique features of the Prius. Before laying down a deposit I searched and found a rental company (Discount Rental) that proudly had many Prii in their fleet. For less than $50 (what's that, about $10 US) I had the car for a whole day. Perfect timing too. Winter storm that night. Not a ton of snow, but a good chance to experience anti-lock and traction control. Both with impressive results.
    Anyway, it was enough to convince me to dive in. It's been on order for a week now.
    Also thanks to all for contributing so much in these postings as it sure helped a fence sitter make up his mind.