1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Under hood battery access.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Netbird, Sep 11, 2004.

1. Netbird

Netbird New Member

I need to install an electric "Deer Warning Whistle" to my Prius(2003).
    It needs a Pos and Neg hookup to the battery. I only know that the
    battery for that stuff is in the trunk. Is there any port or wires under the
    hood to hook this sort of thing up, or is it necessary to run a wire to
    the trunk?

2. HTMLSpinnr

HTMLSpinnr Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm sure there are multiple 12v relays and fuses under the hood which could be tapped with a bit of enginuity. Check under the fuse box cover to see if there's anything suitable there. Of course, I would suggest finding something that is only energized when the ignition is on to prevent battery drain of our meager little battery.

3. Canuck

Canuck Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Netbird, perhaps you are already aware of this,but in case not ... there is a vehicle deer whistle which is activated by the air moving through at speed and is either very effective or the folks who swear by them have been exceedingly lucky that no deer have been in the vicinity of their vehicle.

4. Frank Hudon

Frank Hudon Senior Member

it's available from Cabelas, and almost all sporting goods stores, and I've seen them at WalMart.