1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Underpan

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by bossless, Sep 24, 2010.

1. bossless

bossless New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Has anyone had a problem with the plastic underpan? The flap that gives access to the oil drain plug and filter broke off. I think it must have been defective, but am not sure.

2. samsprius1

samsprius1 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited AWD-e
    Who changed your oil last?? Is a good place to start!! there are plastic push pin clips that hold it up!! I have broke these clips. you can get clips at autozone or O'reillys auto

3. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    There have been a few others that have complained about the same. I will see if I can find the thread...

4. almypal26

almypal26 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I had a similar problem with the plastic piece just behind the pan you're refering to. I was driving home from Arizona, and only found out of the problem when I pulled into a gas station (because it was dragging on the ground). One or more clips must of broken off while on the highway, and unbeknownst to me, part of the plastic (due to the speed of the car - 65/70 mph, couldn't here the sound at that speed) bent backwards. The front portion of the plastic came off, and I'm not sure why the entire piece didn't fall out. I took it to LONGO Toyota, thinking this was going to cost me a pretty penny. The service writer was able to get Toyota Corp. to replace under warranty. Hope that helps.