1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

understanding Dr. Prius results for 2021 Prius Prime

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by Kirker, Feb 26, 2024.

1. Kirker

Kirker New Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    Screenshot_2024-02-22-18-46-52-33_4c9d9310924d052fe4000da8e14e845e.jpg Hello,
    I'm not quite sure where to post this, but I'm looking at a used (not certified) 2021 Prius Prime XL and I got to test drive it. A few paint chips on the hood and near the electrical fill up port, a pretty dirty engine compartment, but otherwise *looks* good. I plugged in my OBDII sensor and got the following reading. The car had 25 miles at the start of my test drive and ended at 24. That was Thursday, Feb 22. I called on Saturday Feb 24 and the salesperson said the EV range was down to 21 miles. So it lost

I also made a recording but I don't know how to turn that into a real-time video. I do have the .csv file data though. What should I look for in that file?

Here is the snapshot. What should I be looking at/for?

2. DC_2004_Prius

DC_2004_Prius Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello - I am looking for a used prime as well - a 2021 LE - and I posted some dr. prius screen shots on my thread linked below. I decided to try and look at dr. prius results before, during and after hard extened EV acceleration to see if there were any red flags - outlier blade voltages, etc.

unfortunately my dr. prius app on my Samsung android doesn't seem to display some of the correct values that yours does but seems to get it basically right as i took screen shots under hard EV acceleration or regen braking. what is your app above on ?- yours looks better/more suited to the prime. is there some way I can adjust my settings/parameters to 'fix' mine for the prime (have used it mostly on 2004 gen 2 hybrid and a 2017 gen 4 hybrid - non prime priuses). I also generated the 'recording' but haven't tried to re-create'what was happening - assume it's just each blade's voltage fluctuation.

I am going to try and buy the LE i'm looking at (with a few questions in its history and only battery/hybrid warranties remaining) - After a close inspection it seems to be in good shape mechanically as far as I can tell and I like that it has android auto and regular buttons and knobs - vs. the terrible "touch around on the screen while driving taking your eyes off the road" that our limited has, lol - I can successfully apply the used plugin tax credit and get the price down under $23k before tax credit.

one thing on loss of battery pack voltage in your one post - if it is sitting there powered up in ready mode - it will lose charge even if not being driven. thanks/good luck on your search!

my thread with my screenshots -
    Hello - looking at used 2021 Prime LE high-ish miles - what to check? battery/engine, red flags? | PriusChat

#2 DC_2004_Prius, Mar 2, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2024