1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Unexpected sound from 2024 Prius Prime SE

Discussion in 'Gen 5 Prius Main Forum' started by Peter3232, Mar 22, 2024.

1. Peter3232

Peter3232 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2024 Prius Prime
    Model:
    SE
    Hi everyone.

Just a bit of a random question about my 2024 Prius Prime SE. I spent a couple hours in the garage last night doing a rinseless wash. The car was off and not plugged in; additionally, the garage was about 45 degrees F.

At some point toward the end of the wash, I heard a sound coming from the back half of the vehicle. It lasted several minutes and sounded like an air compressor, but more muffled (i.e., not quite as loud). The sound really sounded like it was coming from the area of the traction battery; at least it was loudest in that area of the car, the backseat/front of the cargo area.

Any ideas what this mig it have been? I thought it could be the heater, but I also thought (perhaps incorrectly) that the heater only turned on when the Prius Prime was plugged in.

2. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
  3. Peter3232

Peter3232 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2024 Prius Prime
    Model:
    SE
  4. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    Your welcome! For future reference, the search tool can be your friend. Plus - that way - PriusChat doesn't don't end up with 100's of threads all making the same inquiry - which ends up creating tons of thread clutter, which makes the mods pull their hair out - prior to hanging themselves. Nothing worse than a bunch of bald moderator corpses laying around.

Tande likes this.
  5. Peter3232

Peter3232 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2024 Prius Prime
    Model:
    SE
    Thanks for the advice! I’ll keep the search in mind when random things like this come up.

hill likes this.