1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Unidentified Rolling Object - what is this thing?

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by Rybold, Jun 20, 2011.

1. Rybold

Rybold globally warmed member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Today, June 19, 2011, I saw this white car in Orange, CA. I was in the back seat of our car, and I saw the roofline of this car and it immediately triggered a signal in my brain that this was something I've never seen before. I quickly pulled out my iPhone and snapped some pics as we drove by. My eyes caught what I'm pretty sure (100% sure at the time) that I saw a Toyota emblem on the front, but now as I look back I wonder if I positively ID'ed the emblem. I'm pretty sure I did, but now my memory is questioning itself.

What is this thing??? It's not a Yaris, not an Auris, not a Matrix ... what is it? There were no hubcaps (an attempt to hide the manufacturer?) and the C-pillar looks unfinished. (white on the back door around the window right next to a black pillar? Doesn't look right). The whole shape of this car looks like the front end of an Auris attached to a Yaris rear end, with a Fit-like fastback over the top. Seems to me like several different car shapes were put together.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I snapped this Yaris Fastback photo a few minutes later:
    [​IMG]

Not a Matrix, Not a Yaris (look at the C-pillar ; the post behind the rear door)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. sipnfuel

sipnfuel New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    It's looks like a Matrix to me. There are more than one generation of the Matrix and this looks like an older one.

[​IMG]

3. HI MPG

HI MPG Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I agree with sipnfuel... just a beater of a Matrix.

4. Rybold

Rybold globally warmed member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Thanks guys. This thread is closed.

/thread

5. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    haha... yep base 1G Matrix on 16" steel rims with missing wheel covers (you can tell a base model Toyota by the black handles and coloured window frames.. works up to the Corolla level)