1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Unimpressive in the snow and ice...

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Ophbalance, Jan 30, 2010.

1. Ophbalance

Ophbalance Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    ... in that no matter what I tried, there was no fun to be had ;). I felt more confident in the Prius than I can recall every having felt in the Escape 4x4. VSC, ABS, TRAC... it all worked far better than I had hoped. There was only one time that I managed to get it stuck, and that was coming out of my driveway.

I'll post pictures later tonight, but here in the more southern of NC we mostly got sleet for the better part of the morning. ALL of the secondary roads are varying degrees of ice and or slush. My driveway has a fairly good amount of slope, but I had no issues coming out of the garage and making up the driveway the first time.

The second time, I made sure I was stopped in the middle of the grade, and floored it. The tires dug in and sank, and I was going nowhere. I backed it up a few feet, and just touched the gas. After the car had some momentum, it was fine.

I'm sporting Bridgestone Insignia's in front (blah), and Energy Saver A/S in the rear. Thankfully, it did not come with Integrity's when I bought it used.

2. Econ

Econ Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    buying the car used, you are lucky to get the right size tire. Being close to the used car business, they take the cheapest way out. Often the speed ratings are in correct for your car. Shame on you used car guys that mess with the safty of others to save a buck. :eek:

3. pdhenry

pdhenry It's HEEERE!

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    When VSC kicks in you'll know it... (beep beep beep)

4. darelldd

darelldd Prius is our Gas Guzzler

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I just have one thing to add:

[​IMG]

5. Ophbalance

Ophbalance Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Driveway & Cul de Sac.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. kenoarto

kenoarto Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Just went through the car wash. Soap and water froze instantly on car. It's cold here in Chicago.