1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Uninstall "Experience Drive Connect"

Discussion in 'Gen 5 Prius Main Forum' started by CoolPriusXLE, Oct 30, 2023.

1. CoolPriusXLE

CoolPriusXLE Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    I no longer use Toyota's Connected Services. Uninstalled all of them but each time I start the vehicle up the Experience Drive Connect screen appears and is annoying. I looked into the menu and could not find where this may be eliminated. Anyone know how to disable this from appearing?

2. KMO

KMO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    Maybe if you totally deactivate the telematics? I understand you can do this in the US by calling the operator on the call button.

If done, that's indicated by a red light on the overhead panel, and I understand it then needs a dealer visit to reactivate. If that's shut down, I can imagine that might prevent the prompt.

3. tovli

tovli 2023 Prius Prime replaced 09 Prius

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE
    Only way is to be in CarPlay when car is turned off. When you start again, it will say something about getting your settings, and then resume the CarPlay. I leave Apple Maps running most of the time, and when I start up, it goes right into Apple Maps.

We’re stuck with that ad screen for life. Luckily there is this workaround.

CoolPriusXLE likes this.
  4. Ngenovesi

Ngenovesi Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Mine does not do that. I have Apple car play on shutoff car and when I start it back up it goes to the Toyota system which I do not want. Any one now to fix default to open Apple Car Play instead?

5. HacksawMark

HacksawMark Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE
    My phone also goes right into carplay when I start up. I know this is probably stating the obvious but are you running the latest iPhone update? I noticed my iPhone 12 Pro Max had an update within the few days. A few weeks ago, the Toyota app also had an update.

6. Ngenovesi

Ngenovesi Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    I have IPhone 14 Pro Max with the latest updates. As well as my car. Still defaults to Toyota maps.

7. purplePriii

purplePriii Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    Is your phone paired with the car as a primary driver? I know it's in the car settings on the touch screen but would have to check to say exactly where. Mine starts on Carplay automatically as well