1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Unlocking with fob

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by glscheil1, Jan 10, 2004.

1. glscheil1

glscheil1 New Member

I understand you can change the opening of doors. Instead of unlocking only the driver's door, you can program the car to unlock all the doors. Anyone know how to do this?

2. Wolfman

Wolfman New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The fob will unlock all doors if you push the button a second time immediately after the first press.

3. glscheil1

glscheil1 New Member

:guns: :guns: :guns: I finally found the message that does it, posted by Evan on December 30th. He said-

"Pretty easy to do. You use the buttons on the remote. You simultaneously push and hold the top button and the panic button for 5 seconds or 15 seconds or somewhere in between and it will start cycling through the 3 options. Just play with it a while and you'll figure it out.....that reading the manual stuff is for the birds."

All of you thank Evan for his experience! :D :D :D :D :oops: :oops: :oops: :!:

KimPrius3 likes this.
  4. HTMLSpinnr

HTMLSpinnr Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    This affects smart entry only, and is outlined in the owner's manual as well. The FOB benavior must be programmed with a scanner.

5. glscheil1

glscheil1 New Member

Remote Fob

That's O. K. for you younger people. I'm old and lazy. That would require that I take the remote fob out of my pocket. :guns: :guns: :guns:

6. tag

tag Senior Member

Re: Remote Fob

Not really. You could simply put your hand in your pocket and feel around for the button (no need to remove the fob). Of course this approach might look a bit strange to any onlookers and require a short explanation (or long explanation, as the case may be). :)

7. HTMLSpinnr

HTMLSpinnr Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    Further note - the buttons are tactile. The unlock is depressed, and the lock button has a small bump. Once you get used to that, it's pretty easy to reach in. I've done that with all my past fobs.

And no, it doesn't garner the looks because I'm reaching to the side, and not toward the middle of my pockets :-P :lol:

-Rick

8. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Re: Remote Fob

Oh man, I can't wait to see Jim's posts when he actually has a car to post about :lol:

9. amethystjw

amethystjw Computer Geek

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Okay, but I don't think the original question has been answered. I'd like to be able to press the unlock button on the fob only once and have all 4 doors unlock. The manual says this is possible but does not describe the procedure. If Evan's procedure is only for a Smart Key (which I do not have) then what can I do? Thanks! -Joe

10. 9G-man

9G-man Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kentucky Joe @ Jul 4 2007, 09:54 AM) [snapback]472858[/snapback]</div>

Could you please reference where the manual says this.

11. Charles Suitt

Charles Suitt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    :) Howdy 9G-man

Owner's Manual, page 32, in the right column of the page. May take a couple or three tries to get it the way you want, but it will work.

CIAO

12. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    My manual lacks these instructions :(

13. hschuck

hschuck Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kentucky Joe @ Jul 4 2007, 06:54 AM) [snapback]472858[/snapback]</div>
    The fob must be reprogrammed by a dealer using the scantool per the "customizable features.pdf" linked-to in this thread. http://priuschat.com/How-to-change-customi...ius-t35592.html

14. 9G-man

9G-man Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Owner's Manual, page 32, in the right column of the page. May take a couple or three tries to get it the way you want, but it will work.

CIAO
    [/b][/quote]

Incorrect. The above owners manual referrence pertains to smartkey functionality changes, and that's not what the original question in this thread was..........the original question was how to change the unlock button funtion on the key-fob. And there is no reference to that in the owners manual.

15. 1fixitman

1fixitman Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Vagabond @ Jul 5 2007, 02:55 PM) [snapback]473583[/snapback]</div>
    In my 05 manual publication number OM47509U Part Number 01999-47509
    This is on page 31 on the right side but it is for smart key.
    It states push the lock button toghther with the panic button on the smart key for 5 seconds with the hybrid system off, the setting for door unlocking will change as follows:

1. Driver door unlocking mode. smart unlock on drivers door will unlock only the drivers door. Unlock the passenger or back door will unlock all the doors

2. All doors unlocking mode. smart unlock on either front door or back door will unlock all doors.

3. Single door unlocking mode. the drivers door of havk door on which you perform smart unlock will unlock. HOWEVER smart function for passenger door will unlock all doors.

I know this is only for the smart key holders but it helps them too.

D Rock