1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Unsold Prius due in Danville, VA

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by chipste®, May 8, 2005.

1. chipste®

chipste® Junior Member

Just thought I would mention this as our dealer said these are the first cars due that have not been sold before they arrive. There are a silver and a white with package 2 and 6 I think due in about a week. A $500 deposit holds one for ya'. Our salesman (Rick) said they wouldn't even cash the check or run a credit card until we decided. This dealer, unlike some in Northern Va does not add a premium. Our package 4 will be 23,776.

2. NCNyrk

NCNyrk New Member

Just to clarify, make sure you shop around when looking for a Prius in Northern Virginia...I paid $900 *under* MSRP at Springfield Toyota last weekend. Danville would have been a lot closer, though!

3. chipste®

chipste® Junior Member

Wow. You got a great deal. Danville doesn't seem to come off of msrp and is up front about it. I guess Danville would have been a 2 1/2 hour trip for you vs. the trek to springfield though. Congrats on your deal.

4. Blue

Blue New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    That's interesting because I live in Springfield, yet bought my Prius at Fitzgerald's in Gaithersburg, Maryland.

5. NCNyrk

NCNyrk New Member

I didn't look in Maryland, as I knew how the taxes would work in VA. I didn't pay any tax at all in VA, but instead just pay our Highway Use Tax here in NC (3%, same as VA Sales Tax).

I e.mailed about 25 dealers in VA, and got the best response, availability, and prices the further north I looked.