1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Unused plastic rectangular cut outs near SE/SS button

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by lucyjeanne, Oct 2, 2004.

1. lucyjeanne

lucyjeanne New Member

:?: I think I may have placed this question, originally, in the wrong area. It belongs here!

I have a question for you bright folks. I was looking at the brightness "wheel" to the left of the steering wheel (underneath-- kind of) and I saw another rectangular "space"-- already "cut out" right next to it. You see that in a lot of cars where they leave a space for cool options that you did not get with your particular car.

Well, then I was under the steering wheel looking at the SE/SS button-- and I found 3 (three) more of those rectangular "cut-outs"-- just waiting to be used for SOMETHING!

Is that where they might put the EV button on the European cars-- perhaps? But 4 cut-outs! What are we missing? (Better yet-- what cool things is Toyota planning to include-- that they already know about-- for the next stage of Prius cars? Any ideas from you smart folks?

Thanks for your creative insight.

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Yes, the EV button goes next to the dimmer control. I don't have any idea what the plan was for those other cut outs by the SKS on/off button.

3. victor

victor New Member

Gilching Bavaria Germany, & Drapanos, Crete, G
    I think you will find the 2 extra cut outs under the steering wheel are for the Alarm (RHD versions) and Intelegent Parking Assist (Japan). Not too sure about the 2nd of these.