1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Unusual MFD Problems

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Priuzzz, Mar 2, 2024.

1. Priuzzz

Priuzzz New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Hello all! I have a 2007 Toyota Prius. I replaced my evaporator because it was leaking. This required removing the entire dash and disconnecting most of the connectors under it. However, after reinstalling everything I found that the MFD (Multi-Function Display) is not communicating with multiple systems and some of the steering wheel buttons don't work.

The MFD states that it is not connected to NAV, AUDIO, G/W, DSP-AMP. But it is reading that it is connected to EMV. I have double checked all connections and they seem good. The display was working just fine before the evaporator was replaced.

Additionally, the steering wheel buttons for the radio, map and audio aren't working. But all the buttons connected for the A/C are working. All the steering wheel buttons worked before the evaporator job. This seems like a strange set of symptoms.

Do you think this is all caused by a bad MFD, just a nicked wire, maybe a steering wheel button fuse, or something else? I am at a loss for ideas and would rather not just buy a whole bunch of modules.

Thanks for the input.

Attached Files: