1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Unwanted Emails

Discussion in 'PriusChat Website Questions' started by thix78, Oct 6, 2004.

1. thix78

thix78 New Member

I was wondering if someone could help me out. I want to know how I can stop receiving emails from users on this forum. I registered on this site a few weeks ago and gave my email address and now I am receiving up to about 50 emails a day on Prius topics. Could someone help me?

2. victor

victor New Member

Gilching Bavaria Germany, & Drapanos, Crete, G
    Are you sure its from this site? I ask because as far as I can tell, no emails are PriusChat. Have you switched on the digets? (Goto the Board Navigation to the left and click on Digest. Ensure you have the digest disabled!

I would expect this from a Yahoo group however. So check the from and to addresses. What does it say (apart from your address) ?

Check the very bottom of a message. You will probable find an un-subscribe link. If its from Yahoo, click on it and you will be removed after a day or so.

Otherwise, cut and paste a comple (preferable short) message here and someone will be able to help you trace where its from (include the headers)

Hope this helps.

3. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    This has got to be one of the customizable settings, thix. For as long as I've been a registered user on this board, the only emails I have received are the ones from "[email protected]" indicating that I have received a new Private Message.

There are a few different reasons why you might be receiving these, and therefore I can't pinpoint exactly what you need to do to stop them. But yeah, check the digest setting. You can get to your Digest setting following the link in the "Board Navigation" section on the top-left of the screen. Also have you been clicking "watch this topic"?

That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

But know that you should never receive unsolicited emails from this board directly. Unfortunately, if you provide your home email address publicly in any forum, you are at the mercy of those who may abuse it.

4. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    The Digests are still turned off, so it can't be that. I'll check your profile to see if I find any reason you'd be getting a bunch of emails from me.

All emails come my name priuschat.com email.

5. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    go to your profile and disable the feature that sends you an email when someone responds to a post you have made.