1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Update-Gen. 2 Prius 3456 mile Trip= with original hybrid battery

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by ski.dive, Oct 8, 2020.

1. ski.dive

ski.dive Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I just returned from 3000+ mile trip, from Florida to Vermont and then back.

The Prius drove like a new car ,driving thru the Mountains of Vermont

The Prius loves Hwy. driving at speeds between 70-90 MPH... Hwy. driving was 90% of the trip.

Tire pressure was 42psi. on both front and back tires

The Prius average 41.6 MPG on the trip @ speeds between 70-90 MPH

It used a total of 1/3 quart of oil.

Overall the 12 year old Prius, with its original Hybrid battery ran like a champ!!!

Isaac Zachary and fotomoto like this.
  2. fotomoto

fotomoto Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    On a housekeeping note, it would make more sense to post this in your other trip thread.

SFO and Isaac Zachary like this.
  3. 9744rr

9744rr Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    Hello folks, this is my first post, but I've been a lurker here for over a year.

I bought a 2008 Touring (1st Prius in the family) fully loaded, leather, NAV etc.. for my daughter in college last year. The car had about 180k miles, original battery, no accidents, etc.... Of course I did my due diligence and looked at probably 100 prii, a few corollas, civics and other hybrids until deciding on the one we bought for my daughter. Met the family, VIN searched, checked Toyota/maintenance records, test drove a few times, bought the diag software, etc.... Bought the car changed all the fluids, plugs, etc and drove then we car from Seattle to Brooklyn NY (about 3300 miles) with my family of 4 full of luggage before my daughter started school. Not a hiccup. Ave'd about 41-45 miles to a gallon, cruised anywhere from 65 to 85/90mph on the long highways, handled EXTREMELY well through the twisty's and mountains, which was awesome and surprising, probably because of the more robust suspension and bigger wheels of the touring ed and made it to NYC without any issues. I was just a little concerned going up the mountains with the car full of people and luggage, but we took it slow and easy (35-45mph). My daughter now drives the car everyday in NYC traffic for school and work and loves it. It's such a great little car, my wife bought a 2008 for herself when we flew back home to Seattle, go figure. BTW, my wife still loves her Audi, hehehe.

This is a great forum guys. Keep up the good work.

CanTG likes this.