1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Update on AAA Discount

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by journeygirl1, Oct 26, 2004.

1. journeygirl1

journeygirl1 New Member

ggg

2. paprius4030

paprius4030 My first Prius

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hey I'm glad you got your Prius anyway! Nice pic and it's a great color! And bye the way the girl in front looks nice too LOL! Keep us posted if you get any response or satisfaction from your complaint.

3. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Wait a minute....
    You mean there's a car in that picture?

Congrats on the Prius, Amber. Sorry about the fiasco. As you drive Gigi, all that ill will is going to fade away. Trust me. If it helps, here are a couple hundred points.

4. BobA

BobA New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    CONGRATS, Amber glad you got Gigi... agree with Tony (as usual :( ) :lol: ..

I know that you will enjoy the drive and the MPG... as for Ripple-taaaa, I guess like every BIG company these days you are just a number and another member will get the one you leave behind... it's too bad that companies do that and write it off to 'the cost of doing business' ... when I started with AAA they had patrols that drove the roads and would stop and help a stranded motorist... now you dial a 1-800# and hope that they will send something to get your problem solved in the time frame of the power or phone companies..

Bob Andersen

5. bruceha_2000

bruceha_2000 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I'm sorry to hear about the AAA thing. Too good a deal to believe, and unfortunately not to be.
    Do you have REALLY cheap gas or did you get REALLY good MPG?? At the $2/gallon we are paying, that would be 67 MPG!!

I noticed the nice hood ornament too, but I don't think my wife would let me get one ;-)

6. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Sorry to hear about your experience - I would fight tooth and nail for the discount.

Speaking of the Better World Club, PriusChat is an affiliate of theirs and you can get 13 months of coverage for the price of 12, plus you'll support PriusChat if you click through this link when you sign up:

Better World Club Homepage

Better World Club Enrollment Form

7. naterprius

naterprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Well, Amber, sorry to hear about your debacle, I must admit that I am secretly relieved I didn't miss out on a AAA discount myself. Welcome to the club.

Quite a nice photo. The curves, the sleek body, great headlights, nice rear end, I must admit I am quite attracted. The girl looks nice, too. ;-)

Nate

8. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Sorry it didn't work out, but frankly I was shocked to hear that the dealership had agreed to it to start with.

I'm not sure I understand why you blame AAA, I suspect they have a disclaimer on the site or in the membership agreement that says the final decision is up to the dealership...which it is.

9. journeygirl1

journeygirl1 New Member

I filled up in Lexington KY near UK's campus. Regular fuel was ~$1.90/gal. I went caving in Eastern KY...lots of hills, lots of downhill battery charging! I guess I got about 60mpg on the trip. I am averaging 54.6mpg right now...just started my third tank.

I blame AAA because the rep admitted to the manager of the dealership that they should have the Prius on the list of excluded vehicles. A website oversight, evidently. However, after getting chewed out by the dealership lady, the AAA never called me to discuss the mix-up! I sent the complaint letter yesterday. We'll see if they call me at all.

Of course, the dealership mgr is trying to pass it off as ALL AAA's fault. She's the one who looked me in the eye and told me in July that the certificate was good at that dealership! *Sheesh* I'm washing my hands of the whole ugly affair...and focusing on my new shiny wheels and my $14 fillup!

(And, I will definitely follow the link to sign up for BWC and help out PriusChat as well!)

-=Amber=-

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
    Amber Dale Sapp, PharmD
    2005 Prius #6 Silver
    [email protected]

10. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Many months ago I got a Costco referral for a Prius. It was not listed as an excluded car on the website. A few days later, a salesman from Toyota of North Hollywood called me and placed my name on his waiting list. When he finally offered me a car that met my specifications, he quoted $5,000 over MSRP (on April 1, but it was not an April Fools' joke). I politely told him what he could do with the car, which I am sure he did.

I called Costco to complain. I told the customer service representative that I did not necessarily expect a discount on a car that is in such high demand, but that I thought it was out of line to be gouged by a dealership to which I was referred by Costco. They accepted no responsibility and blamed the company to which they outsource the automotive sales referrals. The next phone call only resulted in the excuse that the Prius was excluded and the referral should not have gone through in the first place.

Life goes on.

11. priusham

priusham New Member

Michigan - land of everlasting snowflake icon!
    Hi Dr. Amber.

Did you get the car at sticker or is that $28,000 price with tax and all?

BTW, you're going to have to take a hose to cool off all the horndogs on the forum after posting your pic. Knock it off guys, she's married.

12. kettledrum

kettledrum Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Thanks for keeping us informed of the situation. Too bad it didn't work out, but I bet Gigi will help you forget all about it in the months and years to come. :)

13. journeygirl1

journeygirl1 New Member

My final price was $28,020...taxes, license, fees, the whole thing. I know that is less than a lot of folks are paying for the same vehicle. I told the dealership I wouldn't even do business if they added any "bump" to the MSRP due to demand.

And, even a married girl likes a whistle now and then!

Amber

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
    Amber D Sapp, PharmD, RPh
    2005 Silver #6
    [email protected]

14. naterprius

naterprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Has anyone else chuckled a little noticing that the holder of the "Zapp Brannigan" avatar has shown a little warmth to the holder of the "Leela" avatar?

Nate

15. richard schumacher

richard schumacher shortbus driver

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(journeygirl1\";p=\"47471)</div>
    Hubba, hubba! Woo-woo! Look out, vixen in da Prius!

How's that? :_>

16. BobA

BobA New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius

17. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Fooey!

As for AAA, I've never been a member because I couldn't see the point. For about $5 a year I get road coverage on my regular car insurance. But once I visited their office to try to buy a road map. They refused to sell one. They are for members. But I was offering to pay for it. Not only would they not sell me a map, but they were excessively rude about it. I figured if they are downright nasty to the general public, how likely are they to be helpful when actually needed?

Under my insurance, I can call ANY service station for help, and get reimbursed. I can call several and see which would be able to come soonest. I am not limited to AAA places, and I don't have to wait for the place that THEY decide to send.

The stuff I've read about them here on Prius Chat, about their reactionary opposition to environmental conservation, has only reinforced my opinion of them.

Anyway, Amber, if you paid MSRP you got a great car at a great price, and it sounds like you are enjoying it.

[*insert wolf whistle here*]

18. BobA

BobA New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I vote for her picture (the picture of the car) on the calendar....

Bob Andersen

19. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Yes.

20. richard schumacher

richard schumacher shortbus driver

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Take 'em off! Take 'em OFF!! (The wheel trim rings, that is.)