1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Update on Calif HOV hybrid stickers

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by gwhiz, May 23, 2006.

1. gwhiz

gwhiz Junior Member

Just got my app for a CA hybrid sticker returned as incomplete because I submitted it before being issued a license plate number. They changed their policy: they won't issue a sticker until you have a plate number, so don't bother sending the app unless you can scribble the correct number.

It's hard to get through to DMV support if your app for a hybrid sticker bounces back, but after a bowl-of-cereal's worth of busy outs, I got through to the very nice Jackie. She just got a memo saying they've issued 54K of a possible 73K stickers; but anecdotally she says the rate has slowed to a trickle. She was handling zillions per day and now she's down to 10 of these per week.

Per the DMV 800 number, it takes at least 30 days to get your new plate #. You can probably call the 800 number and get the plate# over the phone if you don't mind being on hold. Hope that saves someone some bureaucratic bother.

-Gary

2. MikeSF

MikeSF Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I called a nice Jackie, but she was at the Toyota Dealership, she managed to tell me my license was issued on May 10th, bought the car April 15th, but the actual plates usually take 3-4 weeks to be delievered. I'm a little cheesed that they have access to info that I dont have, but on the other hand she was very helpful and unlike the DMV actually understood why I was requesting the plate number :)

I filed out my application and went down to the post office (I wasn't trusting it in a mailbox! :D) So hopefully we'll see stickers soon, although I'm off for the summre (teacher) so don't need my stickers for a while, hopefully they'll get here before I need them.

3. aforkosh

aforkosh Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    As I recall, the plate number is on the pink slip, which you (or the legal owner) should receive well before the plates arrive.

4. glenk

glenk Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(gwhiz @ May 23 2006, 11:58 AM) [snapback]259753[/snapback]</div>
    Yes, I imagine many of us were rushing to get under the 50K possible limit early this year and any one who already owned a eligible car but hadn't yet applied for the stickers caused a big balloon of applications. Once the limit was not put in place, there's less urgency to buy and apply.