1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Update on Fuel Log 3

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Fuel Economy' started by User37, Jul 31, 2010.

1. User37

User37 Can spell PRIUS

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello,

remember the iPhone App where you enter your refills and it calculates your Mileage? That one: Fuel Log 3

At the beginning of July a small update has been released to the App Store. Right now I am working on the translation to German with the help of the German Prius Portal.

In parallel development is ongoing on modernizing the graphics and to make a new release called "4.0". That is a major rewrite of the application and needs some good thinking. It is progressing but it is taking its time.
    Therefore I will be porting some features planned for Fuel Log 4 back into the current version.

The current version 3.3.2 and all 3.x versions are free and without advertising.

If you are a interested in helping with the translation, please contact me. So far lined up are German and Italian.

The app will continue to support import and export of data to Google Docs, and I am looking into adding support for Spritmonitor.

If you are already using the app and/or have questions, please feel free to ask.

- Olaf

2. Zythryn

Zythryn Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    Hey Olaf,
    Thanks for the update and work on the app!
    Any chance you could add an option in the settings for kWh Instead of gallons/liters?
    This would make the app very usable for EVs as well I'm thinking?

3. User37

User37 Can spell PRIUS

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    kWh would be a good addition.

I am just thinking how the PHVs/range extenders would enter the data... They would need an entry for the charging on the electrical power outlet and another entry for when they refuel with gas.

- Olaf

4. User37

User37 Can spell PRIUS

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I would like to announce that today Fuel Log Evo 3.4.3 became available.

Fuel Log Evo 3.4.3 has been rewritten to accommodate future updates. In particular, the app now supports more than one language. The current release supports English and German, and the next release will support Italian, Spanish, and Portuguese. Also new is a user feedback feature.
    You can find it in the App store at Fuel Log Evo for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store

The free version (Fuel Log 3) will continue to be available. In the next days an update to Fuel Log 3 will be released to fix a display problem that surfaced while working on the Portuguese translation.

There is a list of enhancements planned for Fuel Log Evo in the coming releases. The current list of features is shown here.

If you have feedback, questions or comments please let me know

- Olaf

5. User37

User37 Can spell PRIUS

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

I am looking for a couple of guys willing to check out the Spanish version of Fuel Log Evo on their iPhone, iPod or iPad.

The next version of the app will be in Spanish, too, and it will look like in the pictures below. A friend of mine has done the translation but he does not have an iPhone and therefore he can't test it. I don't speak Spanish and I can't test it myself.

So I am looking for somebody (preferably a native Spanish speaker) who will use Fuel Log Evo for some time and let me know if everything is making sense and looks OK.

If you are interested then please let me know. I would need your UDID (that is the long 40 character number you find in iTunes when clicking onto the serial number of your phone) Copy and paste the UDID into a PM (Private Message) and I will set you up for the test.

Thanks!

- Olaf

Attached Files:

6. User37

User37 Can spell PRIUS

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Putting Fuel economy aside for a moment... remember what day tomorrow is? It's St Nicholas day.

Where I grew up (Germany), the night to the 6th of December is when the figure of St. Nikolaus comes by the houses of children and will leave a small present. I am not a child anymore but can still remember how happy I was when in the morning I saw that he had left some sweets and fruits for me.

For this reason tomorrow, on the December 6, Fuel Log Evo will be available for free in the App Store.

Instead of spending money on the App, use the money and get a small surprise for your kids. Or for you smaller sister or brother, or your nephew and niece, or your grandchild.
    Kids are happy about even the small things in life. If you don't know any children think about making a donation. I am sure you will find a way to make a child happy :)

Happy Nikolaus