1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Update on Mid-Atlantic Clean Car Rally this Sat Feb 26

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Tempus, Feb 23, 2005.

1. Tempus

Tempus Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    This is the info on the Rally to the MD Statehouse in support of MD Clean Air Laws

Hey everyone,

[First off, sorry for cross-posting any of this info, but I have a lot of emails to manage and wanted to make sure I got to everyone.]

The Clean Car Parade is THIS SATURDAY, just around the corner! The response has been great so far, and I am pleased to announce that in addition to hybrids, we have had several Electric Cars and Bio-Diesel Cars signed up as well!

As my first big event with CCAN, I am really excited to have all of you great people on board!

Here are a few updates and action items!

OUTREACH: Thanks for everyone who has put fliers on the cars in their neighborhood. I have received several responses from people who have gotten fliers on their cars. Again, here are a few things we can do to get more people involved!

* Call ALL your neighbors and friends who have hybrids and invite them along
    * Send our announcement to your local list-serves
    * Print out the attached flier to put on hybrids and clean cars you see in your neighborhood.

MEETING LOCATIONS: We have the meeting locations all set. Information is below. PLEASE RESPOND BACK WITH WHAT LOCATION YOU WILL BE LEAVING FROM.

* Baltimore: Meet at 9:45 a.m. at Cromwell light rail station parking lot. 102 Dorsey Road, Glen Burnie, MD. Park on the far east side of the parking lot and look for other hybrids with signs. Contact is Jeromy McKim at 410-916-8236 or jjmckim at yahoo.com. Please be prompt. Caravan will then drive to the Annapolis rendezvous site.

* Montgomery County: Meet at Blair High School parking lot at 9:45 am. 51 University Blvd E, Silver Spring, Md. Meet in the parking lot on the University Ave side of the school. Directions: http://www.mapquest.com/
    . Contact Martha Geores at 240-460-7875 cell or 301-431-1032 or mgeores at geog.umd.edu

* Prince George's County: Meet at Prince George's Community College, 301 Largo Road in Largo Maryland at 9:45 am. Follow this link to campus * http://pgweb.pg.cc.md.us/directions.html. Cars will gather in parking lot A, which will be your first left after you enter campus. Contact Sharron Meiges. 301-706-3440

* District of Columbia: Meet at 9:45 am in front of Dunbar High School 1301 New Jersey Ave. NW. Contact Josh Tulkin at 650-722-3171 or josh at chesapeakeclimate.org

* Frederick: (for all Western Maryland participants). Meet at 9:15 a.m. at Fitness First-Weis Market, 490 Prospect Blvd, Frederick.

* Salisbury: Meet at 8:15 a.m. at Salisbury University, Dogwood Parking Lot. Directions: From highway 50, exit route 13 South . Go right on Dogwood Avenue, take a right into the Dogwood parking lot, park as close to the Guerreiri University Center as possible and look for other hybrids with signs.

MEDIA: Thanks to everyone who sent in info about their local papers. I still need media info from Frederick and Salisbury. If you are in those areas, just send me a quick note with the names of the papers in the area. Please!

DECORATING YOUR CAR: While our hybrids and clean cars are beautiful enough on their own, we want to spice things up by decorating the cars. Last year, the cars looked great adorned with streamers and signs supporting clean cars and clean energy. If everyone could make a poster board sign or two for their cars, we’ll provide streamers (could be a fun activity to do with the kids). Some suggested sign messages:

Support HB 564: Clean Cars Now!!
    Support SB 366: Clean Cars Now!
    Stop Climate Change
    Support Clean Cars
    Clean Cars = Clean Air
    Clean Air for our Children
    Air pollution is not a moral value
    Support Clean Cars in Maryland
    pass SB 366, HB 564
    Clean Cars for our children and the earth!
    Protect the Chesapeake, Support Clean Cars!

HOW TO GET MORE CARS FROM YOUR AREA
    * Call ALL your neighbors and friends who have hybrids and invite them along
    * Send our announcement to your local list-serves
    * Print out the attached flier to put on hybrids and clean cars you see in your neighborhood.

2. pkjohna

pkjohna Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Thanks Tempus, you beat me to it!

Hope to see you there!

3. pkjohna

pkjohna Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Anyone happen to get any pics from the event? My wife had the digital camera for the day at a different event so I was camera-less.

It was a pretty good turnout..I'd say at least 50 cars and about 80% or more of them Prii. More than enough to completely jam up the traffic circle in front of the state house.

It would be nice if we could do something similar in Richmond...