1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Update - Salsa Red #9 - 5/4/04 SF Bay Area

Discussion in 'Order Tracking' started by ny888, May 4, 2004.

1. ny888

ny888 New Member

Date Ordered: 5/4/04
    Dealer Ordered From (Incl. City/State): Putnam Toyota - Burlingame CA
    Timeframe given for delivery: 90-120 days
    Color: in order of preference: Salsa Red, Tideland, Driftwood, Seaside, Black, Silver (changed on 5/13/04)
    Option Package: BC #9
    Your # on Dealer's Waiting List: Unknown

>>Had my 1st test drive today in a Seaside #9. I'm used to driving much larger engine Lexus' but was surprised how smooth the Prius was as well as the acceleration. Not as fast as my IS300 of course but then I didn't expect it to be.

>>Dealership said they are currently filling 2/04 orders. Last week they delivered Prii to end of January orders. They get 4 - 6 cars each allotment and he invited me to come back this Thursday to see other colors that I haven't seen. One of the cars coming this Thursday is a Tideland #9 where he thinks the next person in line is going to pass on because the buyer was having doubts about buying the car period.

>>Doubt I'm that lucky because I'm sure there are alot of other people ahead of me.

>>I received a written receipt for my pre-order, $500 deposit and he clearly wrote refundable on it and the price is MSRP. He also assured me that there will be no other equipment or accessories on the vehicle when it's my turn, only whats circled on the pre-order form.

>>He had no clue as to Toyota sending out a key to the depositor though ?

2. ny888

ny888 New Member

UPDATE - dealer called and said he has a Salsa Red #7 on the lot for Saturday delivery to a customer. Since I've never seen a Salsa in person, went to check it out and now Salsa Red is my 1st choice with Tideland 2nd. Beautiful color !

3. ny888

ny888 New Member

UPDATE - spoke to Fremont Toyota yesterday and got on their list as well. They require a $500 check for deposit but said they will not cash the check unless I buy the car from them.

Dealer was very confident he will have car in 90 days or less.