1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

updating the USER-GUIDE for HSD Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by john1701a, Feb 24, 2005.

1. john1701a

john1701a Prius Guru

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    It's the document available via the homepage of my website.

I'll be applying the suggestions some of you have provided. (Thanks!) And I'm asking for those of you that have more to send them my way. The time has finally come for the second edition.

This one will include a new section for tires and photos will now be added where appropriate. And of course, I'll be reading through the whole thing revising text to better reflect what we've learned since last summer.

The update task really scares me. I checked the monthly stats for my web-server yesterday. With a little over 11 months of data, the expectation for a large download count of the HSD version in PDF format was high. But I had no idea it would be that high. The count came to a total of 32,498. Ahhh! I hadn't realized just how many people were actually interested in that document.

Anywho, the point is that I'll do my best to make this one really worthwhile too. So please, let me know what you'd like it to include. (Thanks in advance.)

2. rick57

rick57 Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi John. I have heard the instructors at Toyota speak of a fellow on the net with all kinds of data and specs of his Prius. I am impressed with the amount of info you have,wow. Must have taken a long time to get where you are now. I just took a little while tonite and surfed through,checking out what you have. May have to return when I have more time to spend there. :D

3. wilco

wilco New Member

John, I don't have any suggestions, but just want to express my appreciation for the work you've put into it. Yours was the first prius user's site I spent any amount of time exploring, and your user guide is already excellent. Thanx :mrgreen:

4. john1701a

john1701a Prius Guru

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    The new edition is now available.

There wasn't much for existing text to update, but I did add photos!

A new tire section was added too.