1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Upgrade packages

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by dlpbam, Aug 22, 2006.

1. dlpbam

dlpbam New Member

Do to noone hardly around me in West Virginia having the 2006 prius on their lot, I jumped when the charcoal in a package 4 rolled in. However I really would like to have the bluetooth and navigation that the higher packages have. Does anyone know if toyota or anyone sells an upgrade for these items. (Mainly the bluetooth).

Also is it possible to play dvd's on the screen, and if so where do you buy the needed equipment to make it happen

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Nope but you can buy aftermarket nav units that have bluetooth connectivity.

You'll need a video connector to play DVDs on the screen.

3. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    You can purchase & install aftermarket Bluetooth (usually thru your cellular provider) and navigation units (any big electronics store), but they won't be integrated in to the MFD and steering wheel controls like the ones that you would get in the higher end packages.

There have been a few folks who have managed to get whatever equipment installed that's necessary to be able to play DVDs on the MFD and also on behind-the-headrest dvd screens. I'll see if I can find some info on that for you.

Link

4. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    can get an upgrade to play DVD's but it requires a lot of reworking. no way of adding BT aftermarket that i know of that would work thru the Prius speakers but i havent really followed that option so it wouldn t surprise me if somebody provided the option

if you posted this in the mods forum, you might get a better response

5. sl7vk

sl7vk Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rancid13 @ Aug 22 2006, 07:22 PM) [snapback]307878[/snapback]</div>
    Actually Garmin now has a unit that is integrated with the MFD.

http://www.garmin.com/products/gvn52/

I imagine that this is just the first of a wave of this style of product.